PDA

View Full Version : If one thing wasn't enough...

SColby
11/08/2007, 07:52 PM
So the other day my clown fish decided to commit suicide and jump into my back chamber and get caught in my return pump. Then my I lost a head of my torch. So tonight I get home and everyting was fine. My blue tang was out swiming around and eating, looking lonely. A couple hours later I go down and look at the tank only to see that my emerald crab caught:mad2: my tang and was making a feast out of it. Man that really sucks. Now I have no fish and one crab. The crab has to go. I will be removing him soon and restocking the tank as soon as i figure out some other things with it. Some of my corals have not been real happy for a bit while now.

reefman13
11/08/2007, 07:54 PM
Nasty little crab!!!! Sorry to hear about your loss...

SColby
11/08/2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks, I couldn't believe it, as about an hour before this everything was fine. It really sucks, I hate loosing fish or corals no matter how it happened.

zack85
11/08/2007, 08:31 PM
maybe its the reef gods punishing you for putting a tang in a 24g :(

SColby
11/08/2007, 08:42 PM
It was a very small tang. No more than an inch long. I know that I had potential to get big but my kids really liked to have "Dory" and "Nemo" in the tank. Also have a great LFS, and I trust the owners opinion about what fish I can have and which ones not to have.

3fins
11/08/2007, 09:16 PM
Just say you were ganna up grade =P.

But dude im realy srry about the tang, and your clown. i no the feeling and it sucks....

GrandeGixxer
11/08/2007, 10:10 PM
When you go to restock, no matter how small the tang is, dont curse him to a 24 gallon please. There are plenty of other choices out there. Also, those tangs at that size don't usually do very well in a tank.

mister crabs
11/08/2007, 10:14 PM
crabs are evil. I had a red leg hermit on my previous tank that ate everything we put in there.
he ate: (in no particular order)

A long tentacled anemone
A powder brown tang
2 clownfish
numerous other hermits
too many snails to count
a red starfish
a lunare wrasse
3 damsels
and what i believe was a 6-line wrasse. I bought a nice big shell for him at a LFS as a nice new home and unfortunately the LFS employee didnt see the wrasse hiding up inside the shell. But my crab sure didnt miss him and tore him out piece by piece.

nasty little buggers.