PDA

View Full Version : Simple timer to turn off skimmer for 4 hr

MO Will
11/08/2007, 07:07 PM
I am wondering if there is such a thing as a simple timer that would allow you to turn off the skimmer for a predetermined period of time

Say I want to feed the tank with AA or pappone or something - I would hit the switch and it would turn off the skimmer and restart in 4 hours

I am sure there is such a thing - anyone have a link??

What does everone do?

Will

sanababit
11/08/2007, 07:12 PM
a reefkeeper 2, i have one, you can set it up that in a touch of a button to go into stand by while you feed your fish, etc, and have it come on 6 minutes later to 6 hours later, your choice, good luck

sana

CruzinKim
11/08/2007, 07:34 PM
Neptune's AquaController Junior (AC Jr) will do that as well. You can preset the time interval.

MO Will
11/08/2007, 07:36 PM
I have an ACIII

I thought there was a time limit on the delay - maybe ten minutes?

If not how do you write the code for a longer delay?

Thanks

surfjeepzx
11/08/2007, 09:12 PM
A simple light timer would work fine.

MO Will
11/09/2007, 07:06 AM
How would a simple light timer work

I thought that they can only be used to come on at a certain time and then turn off at a certain time

Since I don't feed at the same time each night I want a timer that will only turn off when it is manually actuated

Any other thoughts?

Will

gumby007
11/09/2007, 11:37 PM
You can preset the 4 hours or whatever you need on a light timer. This would just require a little more interaction from you though, just some basic pin movement on the cheap $5 timers and it would work, but thats if you want to access the timer every time you feed. When you go to feed, you move the timer up to the stop/start point, then it woudl turn off and the next pin would be set to turn back on in the 4 hour time. I hope I made sense, although it may be just as easy to bend over and unplug the unit, then plug it back in about 4 hours later.

good luck

CruzinKim
11/11/2007, 09:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11144648#post11144648 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MO Will
I have an ACIII

I thought there was a time limit on the delay - maybe ten minutes?

If not how do you write the code for a longer delay?

Thanks The limit is 1 hour I believe, so 4 hours not doable that I'm aware of.