PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with my trigger

latazyo
11/07/2007, 06:55 PM
fish only/aggressive is slow tonight, so if one of them needs to be moved to garbage, please move that one and leave this one

is there any reason my 2" picasso trigger would be constantly biting the glass?

theres no algae on the glass that it would be eating, it keeps hitting it and making a clicking noise

he's also splashing around the top a lot

I just checked my water a few days ago and had amm/nitrites/trates at 0

I see that they have "beak" like teeth, could he be trying to grind that down or something?

I havent fed him any shelled items since I got him, so if that's the case I can get him some hermits tomorrow or something

edit: forgot tank info

- he is only 2" and looks perfect, he has no apparent external injuries/illnesses, I have had him for about a month and he came from a fellow hobbyist, not an LFS
- tank is a 40BR (before captain obvious comes in, of course the tank will be too small someday)
- only other tankmate is an 8" SFE
- food is a homemade blend of silversides, mysis, omega 1 flake, shrimp from grocer, squid, tilapia - all blended together........and sometimes formula one pellets on their own

acrodave
11/07/2007, 06:58 PM
He may be fighting his reflection

PatMayo
11/08/2007, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. I would just watch his behavor and see if it gets any worse.

They sometimes can do some very strange things.

Regards,

Pat

Blown 346
11/08/2007, 01:21 AM
My Huma Huma trigger did this for a while (A few weeks). It sounds normal to me, since yours does it to.

latazyo
11/08/2007, 07:42 AM
thanks everyone....he stopped doing it when the lights went out, so IM leaning towards teh reflection thing

what a weirdo