PDA

View Full Version : fat and happy fish????

jquailus
11/07/2007, 06:19 PM
so my fish have been in qt for about a month now, and they are looking fat and happy, no signs of ich ( which is why i placed them in qt). the question is my blennys stomach looks real fat the last day or two, he is still eating well, but i was wondering if this can be an indication of a type of illness, if so what, and what else would be an indicator of this. He is still swimming fine and eating well, so i think i am just paranoid, but want to make sure before he goes back in the display. thank you for any input

jquailus
11/07/2007, 07:40 PM
twenty reads and no one?? so im guessing he is just fine ???

uscharalph
11/07/2007, 08:05 PM
It sounds like he likes to eat as much as my Lawnmower Blenny.

BangkokMatt
11/07/2007, 08:13 PM
I've had 2 blennys with large internal parasites. This can make there stomach look really big and sometimes you can see the shape of the worm and see it moving. The fish continues to eat well but merely feeds the parasite.
I'm not suggesting your blenny has this but it is worth careful observation before you put it in the display.

Mavrk
11/07/2007, 09:40 PM
Stringy poops are a bad sign. Otherwise, it is hard to tell.

reefergeorge
11/07/2007, 09:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11138556#post11138556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mavrk
Stringy poops are a bad sign. Otherwise, it is hard to tell. If you suspect worms. You can treat for them. It wont hurt anything even if there aren't any. God Luck I hope everything is well.