PDA

View Full Version : Combined Reef Club BBQ

bgdiving
11/07/2007, 05:49 PM
Combined Reef Club Fall BBQ

I will be hosting the Combined Reef Club Fall BBQ this Sat. The invitation is extended to other clubs and reef keeper around the state. Hope to see everyone this Sat., friends and family are welcome this is the only time of the year that I actually manage to get all (or at least most) of the coralline scraped off all of the front glass all my tanks all at the same time, so come check out my little coral farm aprox 3000 gallons of corals, I’m propping about 100 different varieties of coral and my 240 display tank in the house is 100% tank raised corals. I’ll be smoking up a big batch of ribs grilling some hamburgers and will have a few hot dogs on for the kids. Bring a dish to share, some chips or a desert and join us at 2pm November 10th at:

Brian Greene
201 Sunset Dr
Nokomis, FL 34275
941-488-7050

bgdiving
11/07/2007, 05:53 PM
Directions from the North: (can not use these exits from the South)

From ST Pete and Tampa airport area take I-275 South over the skyway bridge to I-75
From Tampa and Orlando take I-75 South
Take exit #200 (SR 681) vear left when in splits and enter hi-way 41 Head south a couple of miles as soon as you go over the first bridge (bridge is under construction) over water make a quick Right turn on to Sunset Dr, Sunset Dr ends in our drive way. It’s a 3 story old historic house but the view of the house may be blocked from the drive entrance by a fairly large banyan tree, drive though the rock wall entrance and drive around to the back and park in the back yard. If you miss Sunset either because of the construction or it pops up real quick after you come off the bridge continue on to the first stop light and turn Right on to Colonia and come in the same as the people coming from the South.

Directions from the south:

Take I-75 North exit #193 (Venice exit Jacaranda blvd exit) as you come off the ramp turn Left on to Jacaranda. About the 2nd or 3rd light turn Right on to Venice Ave follow that to by pass hi-way 41 turn right at the light for by pass 41 then go about 2 miles you’ll go though some construction after you go over the Roberts Bay bridge you’ll take a Left at the first light Colonia. Go about 2 blocks as Colonia starts to make a wide sweeping turn to the Left you will want to turn Right on to Banya Dr. follow the rock wall to the first drive on the right, that is our place come though the rock wall entrance and park in the yard, please leave a path though the back yard so other cars can get in and out. Then follow your nose to the grill.

Hope to see every body Sat.

Brian

chrisstie
11/08/2007, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it but thanks for the invite! I grew up in Englewood and used to go ice skating in Nokomis :)

If any of my fellow ORCA folk are going out PLEASE check out venice beach which isn't too far or mote marine lab and aquarium in sarasota- there's a great little food and shopping area in Sarasota right there called St. Armands I think that is just so awesome this time of year.

Man, I miss living back there now :) Wish I could see your tanks it sounds amazing!

Pterodactyl
11/08/2007, 11:12 AM
There are small bunch of ORCA members already planning on going. (so far around 7-8) There will be a couple motorcycles and a couple cars. We planned on attending the BBQ and then staying overnight, returning Sunday. There is a Hampton Inn really close to Brian's house along with other hotels.
If anyone else is interested in going, post here and let us know.
Should be a good time.

bgdiving
11/09/2007, 03:04 AM
Looking forward to seeing everybody Sat. :)
For those staying at the Hampton Inn, it's only about 4 blocks away.

lifesworksataol
11/09/2007, 04:07 AM
if there was only a faster way to get from west palm to there after diving saturday morning :-( we had already planned a dive trip. i hope everyone takes lots of pictures of the event!

Pterodactyl
11/09/2007, 06:31 AM
Isn't it going to be a little chilly for diving??
We will miss you. Have fun and don't catch a cold.
Of course, I will take plenty of pictures... :)

Pterodactyl
11/10/2007, 07:11 AM
Todays the day!
There are 7 of us heading out today. Hope more people can make it.