PDA

View Full Version : cycling questions

bufu11
11/06/2007, 08:51 PM
my friend is setting up a new tank, i jumped into thingss before i foiund RC, i want to help him do it right, is there a guide with simple step by step instuctions, and a list of kits needed to start etc.,,, thanks guys

bufu11
11/06/2007, 09:22 PM
uppp

fatrip
11/06/2007, 10:12 PM
well i havnt seen one, but that doesnt mean one isnt out there, but i am not sure of any kits out there. my suggestion is to donate some of your live rock with his to help the seeding proccess. also i would tell him to save up and get the best LR he can find. and if you are talking about test kits for starting off i would go with the API kits, for starts he would need PH and amonia.

demonsp
11/07/2007, 12:59 AM
Figure out what it is you want from this. Just fish or FOWLR or a full reef tank. Figure out what saize tank you want or can afford keeping in mind that the bigger the tank the more expensive everything else is.
As you research tank size , lighting , substrate come in and ask any and all questions. Step by step and slowly will make it all seem alot easier then it is.
Jumping in will never work. if not done right then months or yrs from now after its stock with coral and fish it may fail and never know why if proper percautions were not followed.

sruiz
11/07/2007, 01:25 AM
Go to the top of the forum,there you will get the basic idea to start with. Waterkeeper has put together an exellent thread to lead you in the right direction. I'm not sure why people skip it?

uscharalph
11/07/2007, 03:09 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11131450#post11131450 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bufu11
my friend is setting up a new tank, i jumped into thingss before i foiund RC, i want to help him do it right, is there a guide with simple step by step instuctions, and a list of kits needed to start etc.,,, thanks guys
Do you want to start a reef tank or FOWLR? How big of a tank do you want?

WaterKeeper
11/09/2007, 05:14 PM
Or you can get the short version by looking at The Spin on Cycling (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1236430&highlight=waterkeeper), which was written by atheletes in the Tour De France. :D