PDA

View Full Version : Coral family

boxerzz
11/06/2007, 07:22 AM
Fox coral are in the same family as hammer and frogspawn ? If so, that means they can touch each other without getting hurt ? I know hammer and frogspawn are but I am not sure about fox coral.

boxerzz
11/06/2007, 08:33 AM
anyone ?

capn_hylinur
11/06/2007, 10:18 AM
even though they are in the same family --they don't know it and there is alot of sibling rivalray.
They will not tolerate each other and sting each other.
Check the length of stinging polyps at night on the hammer and frogspawn and place them far apart enough not to touch.
You also want to leave some growing and or expanding room.

papagimp
11/06/2007, 10:30 AM
Frogspawns and hammers won't always touch in peace either, alot of the times it's not an issue but i've had froggies kill off hammers and vise versa. Torches are in the same family and tend to not enjoy being encrouched upon by other euphyllia as well. Give the fox at least a good 6" from the froggies and hammers to be safe.

capn_hylinur
11/06/2007, 11:35 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11127019#post11127019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by papagimp
Frogspawns and hammers won't always touch in peace either, alot of the times it's not an issue but i've had froggies kill off hammers and vise versa. Torches are in the same family and tend to not enjoy being encrouched upon by other euphyllia as well. Give the fox at least a good 6" from the froggies and hammers to be safe.

thanks Pgimp:
so for the confusion---this is what I meant also-----check out esp at night the reach of the frogspawn and hammer stinging tentacles