PDA

View Full Version : parameters in QT

orbit
11/04/2007, 07:17 PM
hi

i cant seem to get my parameters down to zero for my qt, my qt is 10G and i have 2 clowns and 1 damsel,

i dont think my overfeeding, i feed them every 2 days and give them about 1/4 cube of frozen brime shrimp

even tough my parameters are not at zero the 3 fishes seem to be healthy

i have been doing water change every other day, i am not currently not using an ro unit ( i should tho, thinking about getting one soon), but tap water filter

but is there any other way to get the parameters down to zero?

Thanks
Orbit

barngeatbayman
11/04/2007, 07:43 PM
what are we talking nitrates you probably wont get them down to zero. Thats ok. As long as you dont have an ammonia spike you should be alright.

Aadler
11/04/2007, 07:44 PM
not very likely that you will be able to with three fish in a 10g. Be very careful as that is a lot of food/waste in a 10g tank without any (or much filtration, ie liverock/sand) nitrates/ammonia could rise very quickly.

Aadler
11/04/2007, 07:46 PM
also, try to feed them a small amount 2 times a day if possible. if not, feed the 1/4 cube slowly and make sure it is all getting eaten.

for instance 1 cube of frozen mysis lasts me over 2 weeks for one fish.

orbit
11/04/2007, 09:10 PM
yea i was talking about ammonia which is .25 and nitrite is .2, there doesnt seem to be an ammonia spike,

i tested frequently and the reading are constant.

i have a aquaclear filter in there for filtration

yea i usually feed a little at a time, i wait till they finish eating what i give then feed again, and i watch them until they finish off all the shrimp