PDA

View Full Version : Any other fish suggestion for a 10g?

chuppy
11/04/2007, 02:09 AM
Hey all!

I have a 10g reef tank powered by a 620gph wavemaker and 150w MH lighting.. and i am just wondering... Is there any other fish i can keep is a tank this size?

it currently houses 2 false percs, -mated i hope, 1 blood shrimp, 1 cleaner skunk shrimp, and a pep shrimp. The corals are alls sorts of Zoanthids... a red mushroom, a neon green frogspawn, a plain ol' torch coral which im gonna sell off soon, neon green trumpet coral, bubble coral, and i think a small little frag of acropora.. and is there such coral as an achantas? if so then i have one little bulb from a friend.. he says is rare but i wont learn to believe all the things after my early bad experience lol.

My water params are good as i do monthly maintainence with the canister filled with some bioballs , LR rubble, Seachem's nitrate Remover.. and do weekly water changes of between 10% to 25%...

Ammonia is 0 Nitrite is 0 Nitrate is >10ppm good i can say...

Oh as for the fish choice.. mandarin is definitely NOT in my list... I am eye-ing at the fire goby or any other goby species... Suggestions?

drew

kenny77
11/04/2007, 02:18 AM
clown goby, or any other small clown like yellow watchman can be a good. idea. since you have already 2 fish that will swim in the water column you can get a goby that stay near the sand. sand. that way you minimize potential fight in a small enviroment.

chuppy
11/04/2007, 03:25 AM
Hmm yes i was aiming for a clown goby.. but any of you heard f the similar looking Citron goby?? the watchman doesnt look too colourful IMo.. but overall... yeah.. a sand dweller is a great idea! too bad i cant house a mandarin anytime in the near future =( they're pretty.

Drew

chuppy
11/04/2007, 03:26 AM
I'll take that back... i didnt see you said YELLOW watchman.. yeap Yllow watchman is a great looking fish(the colour )

Still open to suggestions.
Drew

Snowsrfr
11/04/2007, 04:04 AM
High fin banded goby. I have one in my 8 gallon nano and he has a ton of personality.

RickySan
11/04/2007, 06:29 AM
I would get a sixline wrasse....might mess with the percs though...if your thinking of a goby i would have to say the yellow watchman as said above...i would also suggest a twin spotted goby aka 4 wheel drive goby, they are sand dwellers and are real fun to watch IMO

zotzer
11/04/2007, 08:13 AM
I think a sixline or a watchman would be too much for that little tank. How about a neon goby, trimma goby, clown goby....any of the little tiny gobies?

Or a tiny blenny. Tailspot or Barnacle come to mind. Tailspot will help with algae, barnacle will not.

Tracy

dsn112
11/04/2007, 08:17 AM
which belnnies/gobys will sift sand?

virginiadiver69
11/04/2007, 09:24 AM
A 10 gal tank won't give you enough sand surface aria to keep one fed for very long. I have 125 gal with a 3"-4" sand bed and the one SS goby I have is pushing it.