PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine????

barber1575
11/03/2007, 11:21 PM
I have a Koran Angelfish being bothered by my Yellow Tang. The Angelfish is loosing some color I think due to the stress. I am planning to quarantine the Tang for a month in a seperate tank and let the Angelfish get well and more adapted to the main tank.

Do you think this is a good idea??

Aadler
11/03/2007, 11:23 PM
Yes, but preferably you would buy one at a time and QT both!

mike

MinnFish
11/03/2007, 11:24 PM
Sound good. You could try to rearrange the aquascape. This will confuse the yellow tang about his turf.

kenny77
11/04/2007, 02:36 AM
rearranging the life rock completely will help. or you can quarantine your tang for a week and rearrange a couple of rock and that should be ok

barber1575
11/06/2007, 10:48 PM
The tang was competing the Angelfish over a small cave in the aquascape. I moved my rocks around and build another cave about 3 hours ago. There is now one cave for each fish. I have observed both fish swim in and out of the caves. No one has claimed one for themself. The fighting between the fish has decreased but not stopped completely. I hope they will each choose a cave for themself so they have a safe spot to hide and feel comfortable.

I bought these "None Aggresive" fish early so they will feel accustomed the tank before adding aggresive or poisonous fish.

demonsp
11/06/2007, 10:58 PM
The anglefish really isnt reef safe. Both are territorial and if there are not enough home or hiding spots then they may never get along. You need enough LR and caves and craves they can call home. Well this would go for every fish. At night whene lights out they all go to there special little place they call home.