PDA

View Full Version : Real Flex PVC?

burton14e7
11/03/2007, 09:36 PM
I read that not all flex pvc pipe is the same and if the deal is too good it probably isn't the real thing. Can anybody tell me if this is the real stuff? I only need a few feet for my drain. Also can you use the same pvc cement on this stuff? Oatey regular clear?

http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart_id=8926900.29176*WV4eN5&product=Flex_PVC_By_The_Foot

Putawaywet
11/03/2007, 10:04 PM
I've bought from them 3 or 4 times and never had a probem with their stuff. All good quality as far as I can tell.

I used several kinds of pvc cement and all seems to work well.

The only thing to keep in mind is flexible pvc (at least theirs) tends to have a tighter fit when going into a socket, so be prepared for a one-shot fit with little room for error. Not getting the hose fully seated in the socket will probably be your most common problem.

Brett

burton14e7
11/04/2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks a ton.

carlisimo1969
11/04/2007, 11:22 PM
I just started using the flex pvc, love it. I was advised to use a specific cement that holds better to the flex (the lablel says Oatley Medium Clear-Flex PVC Cement), I still use the same same cleaner and purple primer. The flex cut's way down on vibrations and gets rid of a few elbows.

jcarson999
11/05/2007, 09:27 AM
Can't recall the name, but there is a specific cement and cleaner for the flex. It's supposed to be more accomodating to the flexing of the 'flex pipe' and so less likely to have the connection leak. I'm not sure it's necessary, but to be safe I'm using it on the install I'm currently working on. Works the same, and only cost a few bucks, so I figured why not ...

-jim

Prater
11/05/2007, 11:38 AM
I am using Pool-Spa cement from the local pool supply. It is for Flex and Ridgid pipe. It is fast setting and blue in color. I also like using flex pipe for easier connections.