PDA

View Full Version : need advice on fish to add between these and these

Ben485
11/02/2007, 11:49 PM
right know I have 3 chromis, a diamond gobie, and a cuc. I want to add a pair of yellow strip maroon clowns w/ bta and a yellow tang, but of course I want to add these guys last. my tanks is going to be a reef w/ sps and lps, and is a 125 gal. standard.(6') I need to know how many more fish I could add in between these 7, and what kinds would be a good fit.

more info: wet dry filter w/ LR
20 gal refuge
180 lbs LR
120 lbs LS
3 250 w MH 10000k
8 actinic bulbs
tanks has been cycled for 2 months or so.
if you need anymore info let me know.
I'm really up for any suggestions. as all reef fish are cool.
thanks
ben

yellowslayer13
11/03/2007, 03:14 AM
those two different kinds of fish are some of the most aggro fish in the hobby i would choose differentls and the clowns would like a saebe more than a bta

aaron L
11/03/2007, 09:23 AM
Yep, Very Aggresive. Sometimes won"t pair for this reason

Ben485
11/03/2007, 02:08 PM
bump

ahullsb
11/03/2007, 06:10 PM
Maroon clowns look awesome, but realize they are some of the largest, and most aggressive as well. They can have a tendency to beat up an anemone pretty good, so I would be careful with what type of anem, and how large it is compared to your fish. I think the yellow tang would be fine. There are a lot of great looking wrasses out there that I'm sure you would like.

Ben485
11/03/2007, 11:24 PM
I was thinking a wrasse would be good. can you keep more than one wrasse? also what kind of anemone would you guys think would be best? saebe? I was thinking of getting 2 very small clowns, and let them decided who is who. this is probably easier said that done, right? how big would you say the anemone would have to be? can I add more fish than a wrasse w/ the other 7? I am trying to get an idea how many fish I can house comfortable in my 125.
thanks for the feedback guys
ben

ahullsb
11/04/2007, 03:42 AM
I'm not sure exactly which anemone would be best. I You should post in the clown and anemone forum. I believe that the anemone should be 3 times the length of the clown. But let someone tell you for sure in the other forum. Same with the wrasse questions.