PDA

View Full Version : can I ??????

jquailus
11/02/2007, 08:12 PM
can i use my magfloat from my main tank to clean my hospital tank if i clean it very well afterwards, the problem is i need to clean the glass in my qt tank an di only have one, the tank is medicated with copper. I was planning on using it cleaning it with vinegar then letting it sit dry for a day or two will this be ok ?????

Bcollins111900
11/02/2007, 08:14 PM
I would not even attempt it. I would just buy another magfloat. The are relatively cheap.

zma21
11/02/2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't even take the risk, but that's just me. I spend way too much on my display tank for it to be ruined over something stupid like that.

jquailus
11/02/2007, 08:30 PM
yea i thought so i just wanted to clean the glass tonight since i am doing all other maint, but i will just wait till tommorow when the lfs opens
thanks

Piscator
11/02/2007, 08:36 PM
Personally I just use one of those inexpensive "sponge on a stick" cleaners to clean the QT, used exclusively for that tank.

Best wishes,

Sk8r
11/02/2007, 08:43 PM
no. shortcuts involving what are essentially poisons [copper] will not save you money: they may cost you your tank.
And why on earth would you need to mag your qt tank? THere should be nothing in it, and it's probably glass: just use a one-edge razor blade, hand-held, unless you're qt'ing a lionfish or other poisonous species, if you actually need to see through it.