PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few things...help me out! ;)

ClayWagner
11/02/2007, 06:02 PM
Hey all,

So this is where my fellow Floridians have been! Hiding on reefcentral instead of the local o-r-c-a.com eh? Anyways...just ordered some goodies (aqua medic dual 150 HQI reflux dual 54 t5's, ro/di, and QO 5000)...which of course leads to me buying more goodies! I hate this addicting blackhole hobby! Anyways, I'm anticipating heat problems because as of now my temp is at 81 with a current 4x65w PC, so I'm thinking of ordering some fans off ebay and getting a temp controller...anyone have one? Like a used Ranco? Also need a Brute, and I can finally grow some stonies, so if anyone has some nice frags of monti caps, acros, birds nest, or anything to help out a local reefer just give me a shout. I have some decent sized zoo's I could frag including watermelon, radio dragon eyes w/ eagle eyes, and some others, I'm sure we can work something out! Also..anyone have any ideas of how to mount three fans on the backside of an open tank? I will have my lights hanging and would like to have the fans pointing in diff directions on the back and be able to move them up and down to point them more at or away from the surface of the water...Any suggestions will help but I'm aiming away from acylic because it's so darn expensive.

Thanks a lot,
Clay

bkwudzjeep
11/02/2007, 06:30 PM
You could hang computer fans from those hooks that screw in the wood....not sure if it's open in the back or not....

Then to adjust them from facing towards the water or outwards you could tie up the bottom with string or fishing line and tie it up to something on the back of the canopy.....pretty rough looking, but the price is right.... :)

Making them adjustable/directional is the tough part unless you build some sort of holder for them....

A friend of mine just has a walmart fan in his hood and it keeps his set-up pretty stable year around....

bigginapk
11/02/2007, 06:31 PM
I have a frag of some green pocillapora you can have. If you want to give me a frag of something(dragon eyes) great, if not no big deal. They are about 1 1/2" to 2". they are usally really bushy but since I moved them they hid. here's what they look like:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/krystc68/frag.jpg

mfp4073
11/02/2007, 07:46 PM
If I understand you have a hanging light fixture, why not make a hanging mount for the fans. Was thinking like a single piece of wood with all three pointed different directions from there?

ClayWagner
11/02/2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah I've thought about both of those...How much would it cost to make an acrylic mount? I mean...it can't be more than 8 bucks right? I could get a 12" by 3" and curve into three directions. Then drill the 3 3" cirlces for the fans and also the small holes for screws to mount. How hard is it to bend acrylic? And to drill big 3" circles?

Thanks,
Clay

big - Where in Mount Dora do you live? My buddy has a GF up there and could meet with you.

mfp4073
11/02/2007, 08:25 PM
I was thinking more of using the mount to hang parallel to the ground instead of on edge and then suspending the fans from it.

bigginapk
11/02/2007, 09:49 PM
I live on the side closest to zellwood off of 441.