PDA

View Full Version : powerheads and wavemakers

saltymight
11/02/2007, 11:56 AM
Never really look into a wavemaker. so im wondering what it does From what I read it MAkes currents in the water kind of like powerheads. Is this true. Also I hav a 20 gallon tank do I need a wave maker if so cna I use just that or should I keep on of my two power heads one which might be to big i think I think its a 802 the brand name is powerhead any ideas?

Carlos
11/02/2007, 12:09 PM
What??????

Why can't people use proper English when asking a question?

I have read your two lines twice and still cannot understand what you are asking or what you are saying.

Clear it up or nobody is going to bother helping you.

Regards,

Carlos
RC Staff

sruiz
11/02/2007, 12:41 PM
Saltymight,
The reason many of use wavemakers is to imitate the current of the ocean,coming from different directions, and not just one direction. There are many different gadgets you can use. But most of them do the same thing. They are usually timers that just transfer the powerheads on and off.
I also think you'll be ok with the powerhead you have now, you never know when you'll upgrade again so you might need the bigger powerhead in the future. But if you think you have to much current you should ask yourself what you have in your tank. Some fish or even seahorses don't like strong current, and then there are those fish that love the current and swim all day against the current.
I guess you don't need one.