PDA

View Full Version : more pressure!

saltysteven
11/02/2007, 11:55 AM
trying to get more water pressure for r/o.
Do you think if i add another saddle valve so having 2 instead of 1 would add pressure to my r/o? I would connect 2 into 1 with a Y adapter. the saddle is only a 1/8 in hole and i was told the ideal hole size would be 1/4 so in theory im guesssing this would work. what do you think?

foodstamp
11/02/2007, 12:12 PM
There is a pump made for more psi & r/o Adding a 2nd line will add more flow but not psi even with more flow its bound to the bottle neck of the input psi
now if you where to go from 4" to 1/8" down hill 1500+ feet like a pelta wheel u might get some psi :)

AZDesertRat
11/02/2007, 12:14 PM
A second saddle will add volume only which you don't need. What is your pressure and what makes you think you need more?

saltysteven
11/02/2007, 12:57 PM
my pressure is 38-40 psi on the meter on the filterguys R/O unit. My house pressure at the main pump is 60 psi. its about a 20 psi difference. so im guessing its either that saddle valve is to small or the r/o is lowering the pressure before it reads from the meter. the only way i could tell is to hook up another meter before the r/o. i want more pressure because i was told that they should run at 50 psi and i want to run the waste water up to the next floor for draining and i thought this would cause back pressure

AZDesertRat
11/02/2007, 01:00 PM
You should not be seeing a 20 psi pressure drop across the filter array. Do you happen to have a pressure regulator on your incoming plumbing? Sounds like that may be the case.

saltysteven
11/02/2007, 01:04 PM
pressure regulator? im not sure - i have well water so i have the pump piped in from the wall then a psi meter then that goes to the pressure tank then out through the standard copper piping.
what does the regulator look like?

AZDesertRat
11/02/2007, 01:23 PM
It would look like one of these,
http://www.watts.com/pro/_products_sub.asp?catId=64&parCat=285

You might want to get another pressure gauge just to compare the ones you have to, one or the other could be off?

saltysteven
11/02/2007, 01:37 PM
i dont think i have one of those but ill recheck asap. im going to get another psi meter to help figure this out- thank you , ill report my findings asap