PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine Process/ Ammonia levels

Meadowlark
11/01/2007, 03:12 AM
I am 3 weeks into quarantining my 2 clownfish. I am using a 10 gallon tank. I've been having trouble keeping the ammonia levels at zero. Now I found that the ammonia level in my replacement water is at .25 ppm which is really perplexing to me. How could I have ammonia in my replacement water?

One of my clownfish looks to be dying. Hes laying on his side and hasn't ate anything for about a week. The other one eats and it very energetic and active.

Is there anyway to save my dying clownfish? Should I empty my replacement water container and clean it to get rid of the ammonia? How could I have ammonia in my replacement water? Please help.

Thinslis
11/01/2007, 06:16 AM
Replacement water? Where is this replacement water coming from? Is it just fresh mixed salt water?

papagimp
11/01/2007, 07:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11094689#post11094689 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thinslis
Replacement water? Where is this replacement water coming from? Is it just fresh mixed salt water?

same question I would have asked first. using tap? ro/di?

Is there any filtration in the QT tank? Or are you just relying on water changes to drop the ammonia levels? If so, how often are you doing water changes?