PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your anthias?

jade2122
10/31/2007, 10:12 AM
Just curious what types of food everyone feeds their various anthias. What have you found to be most pleasing and nutritious? Thank you :)

chrisstie
10/31/2007, 12:34 PM
I don't actually own any but the ones I take care of and feed usually do very well with Rod's Food, mysis, basically whatever they can get - garlic helps to get them in the feeding frenzy. Because I make up food for herbivores and omnivores i try to get them to eat a little veggies too (fed first before the meatys)

Hope this helps

ben&bobbi
10/31/2007, 01:07 PM
mysis, cyclopese, shrimp, scallops, octopus, crab, brine shrimp, krill, salmon - all mixed together! thawed with a few drops of selcon and zoe marine. they won't eat flake food or little round pellets things!

skinnyjoe1976
10/31/2007, 04:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11090338#post11090338 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ben&bobbi
mysis, cyclopese, shrimp, scallops, octopus, crab, brine shrimp, krill, salmon - all mixed together! thawed with a few drops of selcon and zoe marine. they won't eat flake food or little round pellets things!

so are you having a porterhouse steak every night too:lol:

ben&bobbi
10/31/2007, 04:41 PM
no, i prefer my fillets!

WingnutSr
10/31/2007, 06:39 PM
Mine eat all the above mentioned items, including flakes.
They really go nuts for newly hatched brine shrmp though.

cham
10/31/2007, 07:50 PM
My tank is on a 90% mysid diet. But I see them chowing down on pods when they can find them.

I also think its importiant for anthias to get some veggies. When I put nori in the tank I make sure I rub it to allow a bunch of pieces to go flying through the tank for the anthias to eat. They love it.

Me No Nemo
10/31/2007, 07:51 PM
I always make sure mine get some Formula 2 along with their regular diet of Rod's Food and Mysis. They can get lockjaw without the proper vitamins and since feeding more veggies I haven't had a single case. I do like Ben and add Zoe Marine and Garlic. Mine love Julian Sprungs Sea Veggies!

cham
10/31/2007, 07:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11092732#post11092732 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Me No Nemo
I always make sure mine get some Formula 2 along with their regular diet of Rod's Food and Mysis. They can get lockjaw without the proper vitamins and since feeding more veggies I haven't had a single case. I do like Ben and add Zoe Marine and Garlic. Mine love Julian Sprungs Sea Veggies!

HA! Beat ya to it girl!

BTW, I went by your place today.

You have got to order more of that Rods Food! I've heard great things about it and have wanted to try it (but shipping online has been $20+ )

Me No Nemo
10/31/2007, 11:18 PM
:) We must have been posting at the same time. Yep, love the Rod's Food! I'll share some of mine so you can try it. I'll be in touch!