PDA

View Full Version : My latz :)

chrisstie
10/25/2007, 12:07 AM
Been busy since I set aside a lot of time to carefully acclimate her in yesterday but she's eating like a champ and doing very well for only day 2. She hosted my bta within a few minutes of the lights turning on. She wont hold still for a pic so I took a video

Yeah, had to make it cheesy with music and all since I put it on you tube but you get the idea ;p Here's Gladys at "sunset" with my actinics on

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSd2s4F5vKI

racerw
10/25/2007, 08:58 AM
She sure is pretty, it seems like she is settling in quickly.

InLimbo87
10/25/2007, 09:44 AM
Beautiful fish Chrisstie :)

MIKE ALERS
10/25/2007, 09:45 AM
christie she looks good.i love latz clowns.just i little bit to pricey for me.wich that's why i settle for my allard's.someday i'll own one.very nice.btw if u breed her put me online.

MIKE ALERS
10/25/2007, 09:47 AM
btw love the music:cool:

chrisstie
10/25/2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks :) Yeah Had to throw in the cheesy music as getting a fish like this so healthy and acclimating so fast felt like quite a triumph.

She's going to be a single gal for a while until I get my 125g up and going then maybe I'll look for a mate for her.

There haven't been too many recorded cases of successful breeding- and raising of the young - the egg laying, yeah, the raising of the young? Apparently much more challenging than most clowns.

I love these fish for their personalities and probably have spent a few hours today just staring off into nothing at my tank enjoying her bobbing around. She has an amazing feeding response already too, will nearly eat out of my hand. I'm so impressed and just in awe of this fish

thor32766
10/25/2007, 04:51 PM
is she aggressive?

chrisstie
10/25/2007, 05:16 PM
Right now she gets a little spooked- if ANY clown can act hungry she can omg, so I see her seeing my cleaner goby out of the corner of her eye so she just charges at it but when she realizes its not food she's like "oh... great."

She hasn't chased any other fish - at least not on purpose that I can tell, nothing like a Maroon she comes right up to my hand (without trying to bite!)

My fairy wrasse is hiding from her a bit but hes getting better as the day goes on. The other fish don't really seem to notice she's there.. My tailspot blenny kinda follows her lol. Even my possum wrasse doesn't seem to mind her.

When she's not swimming around looking for food she just sits in her bta and it reminds me the way I'd sit in a lounge chair on a beach on vacation ;p