PDA

View Full Version : Fish Store recommend?

Swirlygig
10/22/2007, 09:37 AM
I will be in maitland this afternoon. What stores in the area do you recommend I stop by?

Thanks!

reefworks?
fishy business?
fish bowl?

lifesworksataol
10/22/2007, 09:43 AM
yes no yes
:-D
also in the area is exotic something and pet safari.
reefworks fishbowl and pet safari are my favs.

thor32766
10/22/2007, 09:52 AM
reefworks and fishbowl are great spots!

tangers
10/22/2007, 10:01 AM
reefworks, ocean direct (fish bowl), and exotic aquarium (new one off of 434 just east of 17-92) are all good.

keithntracy
10/22/2007, 10:34 AM
James, is exotic emporium the one next to Trinity Tattoo?

tangers
10/22/2007, 10:38 AM
??? not sure it's in the shopping plaza where Jack's aquarium used to be. Actually it's right to the right or Jack's old store. Not sure about trinity tattoo though? sorry, hth

lusenut2
10/22/2007, 11:22 AM
On another subject if your wanting a tatoo Trinity Tatoo is a awesome place to get 1. They have 3 artist that are amazing. Oh and my friend owns the place so thats another good reason. lol

keithntracy
10/22/2007, 11:30 AM
I love Trinity!! My husband and myself both got our tats from them. The artists are WONDERFUL!! Very creative!

AndyH5512
10/22/2007, 11:43 AM
Exotic Aquarium is at the corner of SR434 and 17-92 in the Sunshadow Plaza. There is a Winn Dixie there as well.

There is also Ocean Blue at SR426 (Aloma) and Howell Branch Rd in the Winter Park Palms Plaza.

bluerug
10/22/2007, 05:49 PM
Fishy Business without a doubt. Its a must stop for you. Best fish selection in orlando and around by far. Its like a meat market full of fish and boy can you spend some serious dollar there, in the next few weeks i will mostly likely be spending a whole lotta money there. Its a great place and you should love it. Not the best for corals, but for fish no place in the area can beat it and thats the truth.

bluerug
10/22/2007, 05:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11025685#post11025685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lusenut2
On another subject if your wanting a tatoo Trinity Tatoo is a awesome place to get 1. They have 3 artist that are amazing. Oh and my friend owns the place so thats another good reason. lol

Where is this place i need to go and get my left arm worked on, how are the prices compared to Inkredible Ink on idrive?

keithntracy
10/22/2007, 06:28 PM
Trinity won for Best Tattoo place. Here is the link:

http://wesh.cityvoter.com/details.aspx?business=40168

tangers
10/22/2007, 08:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11028362#post11028362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
Fishy Business without a doubt. Its a must stop for you. Best fish selection in orlando and around by far. Its like a meat market full of fish and boy can you spend some serious dollar there, in the next few weeks i will mostly likely be spending a whole lotta money there. Its a great place and you should love it. Not the best for corals, but for fish no place in the area can beat it and thats the truth.

Maybe this time around you can spend a little more money on good food to go along with them, so your fish don't end up sick.

bluerug
10/23/2007, 02:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11029598#post11029598 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Maybe this time around you can spend a little more money on good food to go along with them, so your fish don't end up sick.

Hmmm....... I don't recall my fish being sick but if you know that, thats kind of scary you speak fish language.

bluerug
10/23/2007, 02:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11028660#post11028660 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keithntracy
Trinity won for Best Tattoo place. Here is the link:

http://wesh.cityvoter.com/details.aspx?business=40168

Thanks for the link, looks like i will be going out there this weekend.

reefnfish
10/23/2007, 08:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11028362#post11028362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug

I am sorry - are you being sarcastic or are you serious? Not flaming here just wondering. The few times I have been in there has not been a good experience. Employee wise or fish health wise. Maybe I went on a bad day.

cowboyswife
10/23/2007, 08:07 PM
Nevermind.

tangers
10/23/2007, 08:18 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11037333#post11037333 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefnfish
I am sorry - are you being sarcastic or are you serious? Not flaming here just wondering. The few times I have been in there has not been a good experience. Employee wise or fish health wise. Maybe I went on a bad day.

I second that, and know others that would third, fouth, fifth,......

thor32766
10/23/2007, 09:58 PM
yes worst place in orlando. Could care less for their fish. We have witnessed it first hand. Blew me away to hear what the owner said at the time.
As far as healthy fish, a tang with HLLE means it was not feed a healthy diet. You feed a person Ice Cream everyday you wouldnt have a healthy person.

keithntracy
10/23/2007, 10:00 PM
Brain, what is HLLE? I have heard that before but don't know what it is.

Tracy

tangers
10/23/2007, 10:15 PM
head and lateral line erosion. also known as hole in the head. caused by lack of nutrition.

keithntracy
10/23/2007, 10:18 PM
Oh thanks. Hope to never have to know what it is first hand. :(

thor32766
10/23/2007, 10:25 PM
feed your tang his greens and you wont have any problems!! how's the tank running? That thompsons doing awesome?

tangers
10/23/2007, 10:27 PM
do a little reading up on it, it's very easy to prevent with the proper foods and nutrition. like thor said, just because a kid will eat ice cream doesn't mean it's healthy at all for it.

keithntracy
10/23/2007, 10:40 PM
Brian, he is doing great! We also have a scopas and Keith, having a bit of the tang bug, wants a Gem. But I think $3,500 is a bit too much for a fish. Call me crazy...

Tank is running great. Looks very nice. Everything is up and running..lights, top off, skimmer...all the good stuff...lol...you all have to come by one of these days!

lifesworksataol
10/24/2007, 07:13 AM
pet safari is the one by that tattoo place. mike is a nice guy and knows his stuff. they always have cool and sometimes odd stuff in there. they also are the only place i have seen that sells yumas. $25.00 they are the watermelon ones.

keithntracy
10/24/2007, 07:50 AM
Oh yeah, that's the place. They do have some interesting stuff!

thor32766
10/24/2007, 07:52 AM
Not the cleanest place, but I have bought stuff from there and it has done great. I always stop by.
Yeah KT we will have to get a group together to stop by your place.
We are starting plumbing tonight on my tank!!!! wish us luck!

bluerug
10/24/2007, 07:55 AM
Oh because my sohal had hlle your gonna get all nasty about it, well thats ok what ever floats your boat. No skin off my teeth and i will actually have someone come to the thread and actually tell you a little more about hlle. The fact is no one really knows what causes it, could be a number of many things.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 08:01 AM
I just wonder why Fishy Business has been in business for so long if they are doing things so wrong. Bad business normally means you dont survive, he must be doing something right. Probably by having customers like myself is the reason he does so good.

chrisstie
10/24/2007, 08:34 AM
I have been to several stores in the area and there is always room for improvement. No store is going to be perfect, and surprisingly despite being in the hobby for a long time, you can always learn something new.

What's important is that instead of faulting our local stores is that we address (I recommend carefully and politely) the owner or management with constructive criticism.

I'm glad you can go and read any article and sound like an expert on HLLE bluerug, probably an article like http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.php, but lets say you had 30 years experience in this hobby and have owned or worked with several tangs over these 30 years. Despite scientists not doing conclusive studies on such a thing doesn't mean that simply just through trial and error most cases of HLLE are truly caused by diet difficiencies. Every fish I've seen with this is usually on the wrong diet for its species and very quickly recovers when put on the right diet.

Some people who run or work at a fish store may not have this experience or may not know it. Perhaps its cheaper to make up a batch of food all at once at a store and feed fish accordingly - if someone mentions that its easier to get the proper nutrition to fish by feeding the veggie type foods first, hungry fish will eat it up and will get the nutrition they need if they are omnivorous or herbivorous. You just can't assume everyone knows the same amount of stuff about fish - in the business or not.

That's where a club like ORCA should come in- everyone will always have their store preferences but if you do see something that seems off, my guess is store owners would be willing to listen if you were able to voice your concerns in a constructive matter.

My personal pet peeve is when a fish expires (which from time to time they will in a store. Shipping is very stressful as is being in a small holding tank) and the store leaves said fish in the tank. I think stores look healthier and cleaner without these mishaps on display. If I'm ever at a store and see this I try to point out that "um, you seem to have a dead one :(" or something to that effect.

Also I know living as far away as you do Jason you probably dont go out to too many stores, but there are a few on the central and east side of town that I see selling yumas for pretty much the same price and even the ones I've taken a drive to out to the west and south.

Don't forget most stores can usually order something in if you don't see it if you just ask :)

keithntracy
10/24/2007, 09:39 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11040251#post11040251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
Yeah KT we will have to get a group together to stop by your place.
We are starting plumbing tonight on my tank!!!! wish us luck!

Yes, and then we can take a ride to your house! I want to see that beast of yours. What's left to do after the plumbing?

cowboyswife
10/24/2007, 09:46 AM
If there is something off about about a store that I go into, there is no way I would call out the owner and tell him what I dont like about it. He probably couldnt care less what I think about it. As long as the store is still in business and he has other customers, one person's opinion, whether an ORCA member or not, isnt going to mean beans. Ive been into Fishy Business many times, and Im not going to get an employee to walk with me while I point out every fish covered in ich, with hlle, or all the dead fish I see. IMHO, if they really cared, then they would take the time to walk through the store themselves and take care of the issues. Hence the reason why I have never purchased anything from that store, and probably never will.

There are so many things that can case hlle - improper diet, stray voltage in the water, stress, poor water quality, etc. The list can go on and on. So, to avoid fish getting it, at the risk of sounding bad, just take care of your tank and feed your fish right.

tangers
10/24/2007, 10:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11040832#post11040832 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by keithntracy
Yes, and then we can take a ride to your house! I want to see that beast of yours. What's left to do after the plumbing?

not too much actually, making the sump was the biggest job, aside from lifting the tank!!!!! lol. and just waiting on a couple parts, then we should be filling! keep your fingers crossed! then we start on my tank!!!

tangers
10/24/2007, 10:25 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11040266#post11040266 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
Oh because my sohal had hlle your gonna get all nasty about it, well thats ok what ever floats your boat. No skin off my teeth and i will actually have someone come to the thread and actually tell you a little more about hlle. The fact is no one really knows what causes it, could be a number of many things.

just so funny how you always brag in past threads how healthy your fish are, you can come see them anytime you want, etc... come to find out that that sohal is very unnourished. that fish doesn't have slight hlle markings, they are actually pretty bad. this kind of stuff doesn't just appear overnight like said before. but somehow on these boards you always seem to know what your talking about and are never willing to accept other peoples opinions, just now as stated above, " my sohal had hlle your gonna get all nasty about it, well thats ok what ever floats your boat". when actually that is a pretty big deal and you should be more concerned. the fact that you aren't kind of bothers me. intead of bragging to everyone about your fish stores and your fish all the time, maybe you should ask a few more questions. we are all in this hobby together, and it's OUR experiences that make it work, not just YOURS.

sick1166
10/24/2007, 11:08 AM
speaking of does anybody no russell who wporked and opened a store in orlando area he is a long lost friend from palm beach county

keithntracy
10/24/2007, 12:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11041089#post11041089 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
not too much actually, making the sump was the biggest job, aside from lifting the tank!!!!! lol. and just waiting on a couple parts, then we should be filling! keep your fingers crossed! then we start on my tank!!!

Cool! Can't wait to see everyone's new tanks...so exciting!

bluerug
10/24/2007, 01:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11041149#post11041149 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
just so funny how you always brag in past threads how healthy your fish are, you can come see them anytime you want, etc... come to find out that that sohal is very unnourished. that fish doesn't have slight hlle markings, they are actually pretty bad. this kind of stuff doesn't just appear overnight like said before. but somehow on these boards you always seem to know what your talking about and are never willing to accept other peoples opinions, just now as stated above, " my sohal had hlle your gonna get all nasty about it, well thats ok what ever floats your boat". when actually that is a pretty big deal and you should be more concerned. the fact that you aren't kind of bothers me. intead of bragging to everyone about your fish stores and your fish all the time, maybe you should ask a few more questions. we are all in this hobby together, and it's OUR experiences that make it work, not just YOURS.

I don't think all of the other fish in my tank were in bad health, but please do tell me if they were. For the record they are not my fish stores but i do in fact go to them, big deal i like a store you don't its called get over it. As stated before no one truly knows the cause of HLLE and its just one of those things that happen, its called life, once again get over it. And I am aware of the fact that its not all about my experiences, but i do have the right to voice my experiences as so do you. But sit back and think about what you are saying before you type it. As to your comment before about spending more money on better food, I have the means to feed my fish gold flakes if i want to but do I? No, and I am not saying I feed my fish crap food but i don't go out and spend hundreds of dollars on food.

tangers
10/24/2007, 02:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11040439#post11040439 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrisstie

Every fish I've seen with this is usually on the wrong diet for its species and very quickly recovers when put on the right diet.

Same here let's see how this guy turns out.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042518#post11042518 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Same here let's see how this guy turns out.

I am glad you care so much about fish that are not even yours. Be proud of that as that is a very good trait and i applaud you for that.

cowboyswife
10/24/2007, 02:16 PM
We sold him that fish this weekend, so he has every reason to care.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:18 PM
For the record don't get to bent out of shape over it. I don't think I am the only person in the world to have a tang that has had HLLE, which makes me feel somewhat better.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042623#post11042623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowboyswife

Oh good deal. And what is the difference from buying from fishy business then? Did you not just sell a fish that was not healthy?

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:24 PM
I hear carmax sells bad cars does that mean they are going out of business. Yes there might be a few bad fish somewhere but does that mean everything is bad? No, i don't think so.

cowboyswife
10/24/2007, 02:25 PM
We didnt sell him to make any kind of profit. Tangers knows how much he paid for him. For the time that the sohal was in our tank, the hlle already started improving. He saw that fish in Ocean Direct when they were holding him for us, before he knew that he belonged to us, and he already asked George about taking him home. He was concerned with the health and wellbeing of the fish. When he became a menace in our tank, Brannon contacted a few people who showed interest in him. So Tangers knew about the hlle and wanted him anyway. We just wanted a good home for him, and he is more than able to provide just that.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042693#post11042693 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowboyswife
We didnt sell him to make any kind of profit. Tangers knows how much he paid for him. For the time that the sohal was in our tank, the hlle already started improving. He saw that fish in Ocean Direct when they were holding him for us, before he knew that he belonged to us, and he already asked George about taking him home. He was concerned with the health and wellbeing of the fish. When he became a menace in our tank, Brannon contacted a few people who showed interest in him. So Tangers knew about the hlle and wanted him anyway. We just wanted a good home for him, and he is more than able to provide just that.

Oh so you gave him away to a good home. Thats a very nice thing to do. The selling part threw me off balance.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042623#post11042623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowboyswife

55semireef
10/24/2007, 02:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042685#post11042685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
I hear carmax sells bad cars does that mean they are going out of business. Yes there might be a few bad fish somewhere but does that mean everything is bad? No, i don't think so.

lol, my friend the other day bought a car the other day from them and it blew up on the highway...lol.

For the record, a fish that has lateral line erosion, if done properly can be brought back to a healthy state. I have done it myself. ;)

cowboyswife
10/24/2007, 02:37 PM
No, we did sell him.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042762#post11042762 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowboyswife
No, we did sell him.

Oh good deal, hope ya got more than 50 bucks for him, and thats not making a profit.:rolleyes: :D

tangers
10/24/2007, 02:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042651#post11042651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
Oh good deal. And what is the difference from buying from fishy business then? Did you not just sell a fish that was not healthy?

Me buying the fish from them is not even close to buying a fish from fishy business. I saw the fish when it was being held somewhere else questioned on it because I felt bad for it. They led me to Brannon and Becca. Fish that come out of the wild will almost never come in with hlle. 99% of the time it almost quarentees that it came from someone else's tank. You didn't see me walking into fishy business seeing it there and putting money in their register. I simply felt bad for him, extended my offering to help him, and we were able to work something out. It is not the fishes fault that what store he/she came from, this far down the road, but walking into a store and putting money directly into their register supports them.
Needless to say most people who have fish with hlle do anything and everything they can to help it. I never once have seen you post anything on here asking about it, or how to cure it. I every case I have seen it has cured up with the propper diet. It sure is funny how in this thread http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1165925&perpage=25&pagenumber=3
you go on and on how healthy your fish are and that you could do nothing wrong. Funny how you never took a picture of the left side of the sohal. (any reasoning behind that) Point being once again, I think others will agree with me in stating that numerous threads have been blown up with your very BOLD opinions. I brought this all to the table for the well being of all fish including the one in my possession that used to be yours. You spent the whole time in that thread posted above arguing with everyone about you sump/ total tank voume, good health of your fish, and how you were doing everything right. Maybe instead you should have posted a picture of the left side of the fish and it would have been more worth your time, and especially the fish's, to hopefully get some answers and help.
I'll leave you with one of the best quotes I have ever heard " Those that need the most help don't want it"

thor32766
10/24/2007, 02:42 PM
As far as the HLLE discussion a lot of people have will have their opinions on that. I had inherited two tangs a yellow and sailfin 4 yrs ago. Both feed only flake their entire lives and had severe HLLE. Within 6 months of feeding them their proper diet it did disappear. On my experiences HLLE largest factor is diet. Too often we feed tangs meats, when in reality they are strictly herbivores. They don’t eat meat. Except in our home aquariums. The debate here is you posted about having awesome fish and healthy fish when in fact one of them was not. That is what is being said here.
It may sound crazy, but I am a tang fanatic. I know a lot about these fish. If you want to see what I know about fish or proof of what I know about feeding these guys just ask. I will be blunt I take pride in having some of the best available examples of what it takes to have a healthy tang. Quite a few people on this board have seen my fish and are blown away about their size and health.
I am not here to bash you, but I am here in hope that when you setup your new tank you will listen to advice from people just trying to help you have a healthy fish tank.

tangers
10/24/2007, 02:45 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042712#post11042712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 55semireef

For the record, a fish that has lateral line erosion, if done properly can be brought back to a healthy state. I have done it myself. ;)

Exactly mine, and everyone else's point.

tangers
10/24/2007, 02:47 PM
By the way Becca, sorry I didn't reply to you guys sooner. He is going great and adapted well. He tears through romaine like there is no tomarrow. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on his progress.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042798#post11042798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Me buying the fish from them is not even close to buying a fish from fishy business. I saw the fish when it was being held somewhere else questioned on it because I felt bad for it. They led me to Brannon and Becca. Fish that come out of the wild will almost never come in with hlle. 99% of the time it almost quarentees that it came from someone else's tank. You didn't see me walking into fishy business seeing it there and putting money in their register. I simply felt bad for him, extended my offering to help him, and we were able to work something out. It is not the fishes fault that what store he/she came from, this far down the road, but walking into a store and putting money directly into their register supports them.
Needless to say most people who have fish with hlle do anything and everything they can to help it. I never once have seen you post anything on here asking about it, or how to cure it. I every case I have seen it has cured up with the propper diet. It sure is funny how in this thread http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1165925&perpage=25&pagenumber=3
you go on and on how healthy your fish are and that you could do nothing wrong. Funny how you never took a picture of the left side of the sohal. (any reasoning behind that) Point being once again, I think others will agree with me in stating that numerous threads have been blown up with your very BOLD opinions. I brought this all to the table for the well being of all fish including the one in my possession that used to be yours. You spent the whole time in that thread posted above arguing with everyone about you sump/ total tank voume, good health of your fish, and how you were doing everything right. Maybe instead you should have posted a picture of the left side of the fish and it would have been more worth your time, and especially the fish's, to hopefully get some answers and help.
I'll leave you with one of the best quotes I have ever heard " Those that need the most help don't want it"

Well out of all the fish I have ever owned, I am glad just one of them was sick. Hope you can bring it back to health and enjoy him because he is a great fish. For the record I don't think HLLE kills the fish, it just makes them look funky. But I have been to many of meetings where I have seen tangs with HLLE, did I go up to the host of the ORCA meeting and say hey man you needa spend some more money on good food? No, I simply kept my mouth shut and trust that the person that owned the fish knew how to take care of the problem. Did i fail to mention i bought the sohal like that? I am sure I mentioned it to Brannon, just as the problem takes time to become bad, it takes the same amount of time if not longer to fix it. So don't always jump to conclusions.:D For the record I did buy the fish from Fishy Business when it did have HLLE, but I did get a great deal on him.:D

bluerug
10/24/2007, 02:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042833#post11042833 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
By the way Becca, sorry I didn't reply to you guys sooner. He is going great and adapted well. He tears through romaine like there is no tomarrow. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on his progress.

Do they have romaine lettuce in the ocean? Its not a very good thing to feed fish from the ocean that, even though it is a cheap alternative as compared to seaweed or something. Just as a heads up for ya.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 03:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042801#post11042801 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thor32766
As far as the HLLE discussion a lot of people have will have their opinions on that. I had inherited two tangs a yellow and sailfin 4 yrs ago. Both feed only flake their entire lives and had severe HLLE. Within 6 months of feeding them their proper diet it did disappear. On my experiences HLLE largest factor is diet. Too often we feed tangs meats, when in reality they are strictly herbivores. They don’t eat meat. Except in our home aquariums. The debate here is you posted about having awesome fish and healthy fish when in fact one of them was not. That is what is being said here.
It may sound crazy, but I am a tang fanatic. I know a lot about these fish. If you want to see what I know about fish or proof of what I know about feeding these guys just ask. I will be blunt I take pride in having some of the best available examples of what it takes to have a healthy tang. Quite a few people on this board have seen my fish and are blown away about their size and health.
I am not here to bash you, but I am here in hope that when you setup your new tank you will listen to advice from people just trying to help you have a healthy fish tank.

I will be sure to keep in touch with you when i start to get my tangs. I would like to get some all black tangs mixed with yellow tangs, but i will get into that later on when the time is right. I will be sure to PM as you seem to have a personality that i can get along with.

tangers
10/24/2007, 03:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042890#post11042890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
Do they have romaine lettuce in the ocean? Its not a very good thing to feed fish from the ocean that, even though it is a cheap alternative as compared to seaweed or something. Just as a heads up for ya.
Oh they get thier nori also. But explain to me why others feed broccoli, cucumbers, and add garlic to everything. Probably because they are full of nutritional value. The same reason that most parents tell their kids to "eat their greens". Kind of funny that I've seen sea world feed heart, after heart of romaine to their manatees.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 03:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042984#post11042984 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Oh they get thier nori also. But explain to me why others feed broccoli, cucumbers, and add garlic to everything. Probably because they are full of nutritional value. The same reason that most parents tell their kids to "eat their greens". Kind of funny that I've seen sea world feed heart, after heart of romaine to their manatees.

Yes I do think they get to munch on SeaWeed in the ocean, I think it makes sense.

Funny how you think Romaine Lettuce has nutritional value when in fact it does pretty much nothing for the fish. People in Japan and China feed Moorish Idols watermelons but it has been proven it is not good for them.

tangers
10/24/2007, 03:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042944#post11042944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
I will be sure to PM as you seem to have a personality that i can get along with. Funny how you seem to have the best personality that everyone gets along with on here. :rolleyes: I don't any other one person on the ORCA forum has blown up more threads than you, opinions matter but truth comes in numbers. :D

bluerug
10/24/2007, 03:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043044#post11043044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
Funny how you seem to have the best personality that everyone gets along with on here. :rolleyes: I don't any other one person on the ORCA forum has blown up more threads than you, opinions matter but truth comes in numbers. :D

Thats why the best in world stand alone.:D I am not a follower like the majority of people in the world, but it is hard to get a feel for someone over the computer as that person is not standing in front of you talking to you. But you seem like a nice guy and look forward to meeting you at a meeting.

tangers
10/24/2007, 03:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043035#post11043035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
Yes I do think they get to munch on SeaWeed in the ocean, I think it makes sense.

Funny how you think Romaine Lettuce has nutritional value when in fact it does pretty much nothing for the fish. People in Japan and China feed Moorish Idols watermelons but it has been proven it is not good for them.

You tell me where it's proven that romaine is not good for them, maybe you could start with Thors tank all his fish look horrible and have been eating romaine for years :rolleyes: He might not be the biggest reefer that I know but his tangs are far from none, and some of the best I have ever seen. Romaine does have nutritional value, iceberg lettuce does not. I said it was added along with stuff to their diet. I have been using it for years also and never once had a fish pop out in hlle. One time I had a blue hippo start showing signs, but that was before I knew. I was concerned, asked questions, and got the problem fixed.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 03:29 PM
Just do a bit of reading and you will find out as I really don't have the time to go around and look. But ask the Travis L, he should give you some good pointers.

55semireef
10/24/2007, 03:38 PM
Wait, Rug didn't I give you this Sohal Tang from Reefs and Rainforests? :D

bluerug
10/24/2007, 03:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043211#post11043211 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 55semireef
Wait, Rug didn't I give you this Sohal Tang from Reefs and Rainforests? :D

No that was the other one that i had to sell because of his personality issues.:D

chrisstie
10/24/2007, 03:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11042877#post11042877 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
But I have been to many of meetings where I have seen tangs with HLLE, did I go up to the host of the ORCA meeting and say hey man you needa spend some more money on good food? No, I simply kept my mouth shut and trust that the person that owned the fish knew how to take care of the problem.

This is EXACTLY the attitude that has driven most of us who care about furthering our education about reefs have moved on over to the actual ORCA website and forums.

The purpose of ORCA is to learn good husbandry and be open minded to learning as much as we can to take care of our animals and be able to keep them as long as possible.

One of the advantage of having meetings at peoples houses is that the host is able to get extra special attention to his or her tank- you really can't ASSume that they know everything about how to take care of their animals.

I'm very sure most every ORCA member would be happy to hear someone speak up if something was amiss in their tank with good feedback on what to do to fix it because that simply means a better, healthier tank and an investment in their tank they can do something to protect.

bluerug
10/24/2007, 04:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043273#post11043273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrisstie
This is EXACTLY the attitude that has driven most of us who care about furthering our education about reefs have moved on over to the actual ORCA website and forums.

The purpose of ORCA is to learn good husbandry and be open minded to learning as much as we can to take care of our animals and be able to keep them as long as possible.

One of the advantage of having meetings at peoples houses is that the host is able to get extra special attention to his or her tank- you really can't ASSume that they know everything about how to take care of their animals.

I'm very sure most every ORCA member would be happy to hear someone speak up if something was amiss in their tank with good feedback on what to do to fix it because that simply means a better, healthier tank and an investment in their tank they can do something to protect.

Well the times I have seen the HLLE cases have been with people who I know for a fact can try and take care of the situation. As to members wanting people to tell them what is wrong and what not, there are proper ways to communicate with one another. I am not the kind of person that will listen to someone if they are rude or too offensive when they present the problem to me.

tangers
10/24/2007, 04:04 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043383#post11043383 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluerug
I just turn the other cheek and go on with what I am doing..
I think a lot of us wish you would just keep turning,... and leave

bluerug
10/24/2007, 04:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043418#post11043418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangers
I think a lot of us wish you would just keep turning,... and leave

Nice thing to say, much appreciated.:D But if I did keep turning that would mean i would end up coming back as I would have done a complete 360 Degree turn.:D

55semireef
10/24/2007, 04:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11043273#post11043273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chrisstie

Agreed.

Swirlygig
10/24/2007, 04:47 PM
yeah guys...I didn't want this to happen...If I can I am going to delete this thread...

55semireef
10/25/2007, 10:39 AM
Awww, to bad for Rug.

skinnyjoe1976
10/25/2007, 04:38 PM
and these are the days of our tangs:lol:

swirl that's what happens with a open threads. it's not what you know its what works best for you. did you ever find a good store in the area?

JUICEY
10/30/2007, 09:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11025685#post11025685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lusenut2

Hey there. I noticed you have the hookup on tattoos. my fiance and I both need some work done, but we are on a low budget. I want to get a memorial piece for my brothers that didn't make it back from Iraq. Considering the circumstances,maybe they would give me a pretty good deal to commemorate the outstanding soldiers who paid the ultimate price to keep our country safe. They deserve the recognition 10000% and I plan to get the tat where it can easily be seen. Probably my forearms....if I have enough room for all the names. I might have to use both arms. I'd also be willing to let them tattoo their business or artist name in the tattoo so everyone would know the fine people that made it happen. I'm sure there is some advertisement value in that.

Cab you talk to your friend and see about how much he'd charge me. I am also a combat wounded veteran. It would probably be some sort of scroll with yellow stars by each name, unless they come up with something cooler!

PM me or email me at dj_floridajuice@yahoo.com

~D