PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Trip!!

Me No Nemo
10/21/2007, 01:18 PM
Huge thanks to Matt, Mel and all who had a hand in making yesterday's trip a phenomenal success! Tom and I had a fantastic time and can't wait for the next one. It was great to mingle with so many dedicated aquarists while learning so much about the rescue efforts being put forth regarding sea turtles, dolphins and other Florida aquatic creatures. I fell in love with Winter and I really hope we can expand upon our thoughts yesterday to come up with a focus group dedicated to getting that coral tank up and running for the aquarium. ORCA becomes stronger as the current Board continues its innovations and focus on education and I look forward to the many speakers and workshops being scheduled. Bravo! Marcye

WingnutSr
10/21/2007, 02:05 PM
Cathy and myself also had a wonderful time!!! Thank you to Matt and all those involved with making this trip possible.
Looking forward to what yet is to come in the future.
John

chrisstie
10/21/2007, 03:28 PM
Sincerest thanks to Matt for your creativity and planning that went into this event.. And Mel for encouraging and supporting him :)

Had a WONDERFUL time can't wait for the next :) Kevin and I are still pooped today from going so many places in one day wow!

nauti1us
10/21/2007, 07:58 PM
Thank you guys for the kind words.

I'm so glad folks had a good time. Mel and I certainly enjoyed ourselves, especially the dinner cruise. That had to be my favorite part of the day.

I was definitely impressed by the hard working and dedicated staff of the Clearwater Aquarium. My hat's off to all those people who give up their valuable time to assist in the recovery and maintenance of stranded and helpless sea animals.

Granted the CMA was not spit polished and pretty like the Florida Aquarium. But its mission was clear and the dedication was evident. To look after and take responsibility for wounded animals whose demise was the result of human interaction is truly honorable. It really tugged at my heart strings to see many of those crippled animals... I will look forward to contributing where I can to help make a difference in the recovery efforts of these wonderful creatures.

Thanks to all the CMA Staffers who worked hard to ensure we had a nice tour of their facility.

chrisstie
10/21/2007, 08:59 PM
Ditto- except the mean old guy that yelled at me !

Fuzzy
10/22/2007, 06:56 AM
Don't worry about him....

Let's just say I edjumacated him about his attitude :D

hee hee

And thanks to all from Jean and I as well!
It was a great outing!!

Can't wait for the next one!

lifesworksataol
10/22/2007, 08:32 AM
we had a great time as well! cant wait to see the pics! well some of them ;-). i really enjoyed the chance to get to know all of you a little more. thanks again

Me No Nemo
10/22/2007, 09:33 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11024479#post11024479 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fuzzy
Don't worry about him....

Let's just say I edjumacated him about his attitude :D

hee hee

Good for you! :)

lusenut2
10/22/2007, 11:24 AM
Im mad I missed this trip. I was couldnt stop talking about it since it was first mentioned. I could go cause I was sick, I could bare get out of bed when I woke up. And no it wasnt due to drinking the night before. lol

UnKwnReefer
10/22/2007, 01:06 PM
David and I had a wonderful time also. Although the Florida Aquarium was awesome, CMA was my favorite as well, but the dinner cruise was great too. Okay...so I can't decide which was my favorite. No, I got it...my favorite was watching Jason dance!

Thank you, Matt and Mel for organizing such a tremendous outing!

Diane

Pterodactyl
10/22/2007, 02:04 PM
The pole dance was the best... I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. :)

pixiegirlie
10/22/2007, 08:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11026391#post11026391 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UnKwnReefer
No, I got it...my favorite was watching Jason dance!

he definitally has some moves on him!

I was thinking that if everyone would like to send me their pictures from the trip i will put them all together and make some cds for everyone and i can bring them to the meeting this weekend.

im a scrapbooker and would love to have some of the other pictures that were taken! especially those of the lady with the professional camera-i think her name is bonnie-i apologize if this is wrong- but i bet all of her pictures are fantastic!

let me know since we only have a few days!

lifesworksataol
10/22/2007, 09:15 PM
thank you thank you - i hope i helped make it a good time - i sure had a great time! :-D

Pterodactyl
10/23/2007, 05:34 AM
I don't know what was better, you "kickin it up" or the pole dancing. Are you for hire?

I also had a great time. Long day but it all seeemd to flow together pretty well. The weather was awesome, not to hot with a slight breeze and no rain. I can't say I had a favorite because it was all fun. My top two are between the Clearwater Aquarium and the Dinner Cruise. I really enjoyed the whole day. The people that didn't show up for the trip or backed out really missed a good time.

Where did everyone go after the Tampa Aquarium for lunch? We went to Margarita Mama's and I was not impressed. Nacho's were good, but the Chimi was pretty bad.

As for Winter at the Clearwater Aquarium, she is amazing. What a determination to live. When the chips were down and it was sink or swim she found a way. I can't wait to see the progress that she makes with the new tail. Go Winter!

jsl6v8
10/23/2007, 07:49 AM
Marcye Tom Kevin Christie and I went to Bennigans, it wasn't bad, had a great time. I must be the only one that thought the florida aquarium was the best, those leafy sea dragons stole my heart. I figure I take a trip to australia and throw it in my suitcase, I mean the customs offical will just think its a bunch of leaves and it can live out of water for about 24 hours right?? The dinner cruise was a lot of fun, any elses wine sauce on the chicken marsala taste more like brown gravy sauce? But those stuffed mushrooms were quite delicious. I had a great time, we should definately plan something like this again. There was some talk about helping Clearwater setup that 450G tank they had, any progression on that thought?
Josh

chrisstie
10/23/2007, 08:10 AM
Nah you weren't the only one Josh :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/1682655744_3190309962.jpg

I had never been to either aquarium and never realized how big the Tampa one was. I could have spent the whole day exploring around there.

I really enjoyed the wetlands exhibit. Growing up on the florida coast and seeing sheepshead and drum that HUGE just swimming around by my legs was like, okay, where's my fishing pole, but at the same time it was like wow what an incredible eco system right down to the little saltwater guppies.

The screech owl was really really cute too!

cowboyswife
10/23/2007, 08:32 AM
I LOVE sea dragons!!!

lifesworksataol
10/23/2007, 08:49 AM
i am for hire :-D lol - where are all the pics?! ill try and get britt to start a new thread and post some tonight.