PDA

View Full Version : Lost my job!

sttaylor
10/21/2007, 07:35 AM
I am the latest victim of the mortgage industry meltdown. On Friday the company that I had been with for six years let me go as part of their latest downsizing. If anyone has any leads on where I can find some work, please let me know. I have years of professional management experience and am not necessarily looking to stay in the mortgage industry (assuming that there is one left).

Thanks,

Scott

PS You may be able to talk me into working for frags.

mflamb
10/21/2007, 08:12 AM
Scott,
I wish you the best of luck finding a new career.
I know the "mortgage industry meltdown" is not any fault of yours. I believe it's the result of extremely mismanaged greed, the kind of greed that comes back to consume people and business.

MIKE ALERS
10/21/2007, 10:16 AM
sory to hear.i'll keep my eyes open if anything.

JMR99
10/21/2007, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear that, Good luck and we'll let you know if anything pops up

cham
10/21/2007, 05:24 PM
Do you have a BA?

jccash
10/21/2007, 07:11 PM
I have a friend that was a mortgage broker for 27 years. Two years ago he had to find a job. He went to work with Home Depot. To make a long story short, he got into some kind of management training and he worked his way up. Home Depot just transferred him to Jackson MS where he is the number two man and makes over 100K. JC

LauraCline
10/21/2007, 10:34 PM
Best of Luck, the last 2 companies I worked for ended up shutting down. I finally let my broker's license expire and I'm working PT and heading into Nursing School.

magnoliarichj
10/22/2007, 08:40 PM
best buys hiring.

cschweitzer
10/23/2007, 02:46 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11021581#post11021581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jccash
I have a friend that was a mortgage broker for 27 years. Two years ago he had to find a job. He went to work with Home Depot. To make a long story short, he got into some kind of management training and he worked his way up. Home Depot just transferred him to Jackson MS where he is the number two man and makes over 100K. JC

I know for a fact that Home Depot's have a lot of extra cash right now...they are in the process of changing out every computer and every register at every store.

bluerug
10/23/2007, 03:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11034988#post11034988 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cschweitzer
I know for a fact that Home Depot's have a lot of extra cash right now...they are in the process of changing out every computer and every register at every store.

And that makes them have a lot of money?

Actually home depot as a whole is hurting pretty bad. Lowes are the top ones out there right now. Just a heads up, not saying home depot is going to shut down or anything but they are hurting right now. Try out lowes possibly, or maybe go into SeaWorld and try and get a job there.

InLimbo87
10/23/2007, 04:29 PM
Lowes isn't doing any better than HD lately, actually they're both following the same real trends.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HD&t=1y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=low