PDA

View Full Version : Flameback Pygmy Angel

Riverspirit
10/18/2007, 09:29 PM
Hi all, I have the opportunity to get an free! flameback pygmy angel. And I was wondering how prone it is to nipping corals, if my tank is too small for it, and if it is compatible with my other fish. I have an 24 gallon NC with an toadstool leather, some zoa's, rics, and soon to get some GSP. I have an hi-fin red banded shrimp goby, an pistol shrimp, and an fire shrimp. I am also planning on getting an purple firefish prior to getting the angel for about 3 weeks. So what does everyone think? Does it sound good? Oh, and there is about 22 lbs. of LR.

Sheol
10/18/2007, 09:38 PM
You know the usual line right? With all Angelfish except Genicanthus, you have no gaurantees..
That being said, its a close relation to the Cherubfish ( Cherub angel, pygmy Angel) C. argi. In fact its a sister species. One of the less likely to cause havoc in the Centropyge. If they to nip, its Clam mantles, Zoa's, & LPS most notably Trachyphyllia that they nip.
For free, go for it!

Matthew
PS.
Remember though, these are pretty aggressive fish, esp. in small tanks.

Riverspirit
10/18/2007, 09:48 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly Sheol! I will make sure to watch for any nipping by it, and to make sure that the fish in the tank have their territories and are comfortable. Also, my LFS can take the fish if need be, and are extremely knowledgeable and take amazing care of their fish.

Sheol
10/19/2007, 10:49 AM
Great! Go for it!

Matthew