PDA

View Full Version : Nnnnarrrggg I hate when shipping goes wrong

chrisstie
10/17/2007, 10:12 AM
I'm supposed to be having a nice coral sent to me by 10:30am .. Normally Fed Ex is spot on with their service but the customer rep guy told me that its still in LA waiting to get on another plane since the one it was supposed to be on was full of cargo

Gah, I hope this thing doesn't die sitting over there. I told him it was a live fish and I'm very afraid that it might die so he's going to try to get it here quicker.

In the meantime, if you wanted to make milllllions of $$$$ Find a way to make sure livestock gets where it should absolutely on time everytime and you'd be totally rich.

/rant off

Sorry just had to vent a little bit!

AndyH5512
10/17/2007, 10:34 AM
I can relate. The same exact thing happened with FedEx to me a couple of years ago with a clam and two acros. The clam and one acro survived. I have been brainstorming about a failsafe delivery method. Maybe when I can finally afford a Lear Jet, I can do it.

I hope everything works out for you.

AndyH5512
10/17/2007, 10:36 AM
I should have mentioned that it was one day late.....

chrisstie
10/17/2007, 11:26 AM
I just got the call and it will come tomorrow, I just hope it survives and isn't sitting on a palette somewhere out in the heat or something crazy

jsl6v8
10/17/2007, 11:52 AM
I hope its not a powder blue or some other fish that doesn't ship well.

chrisstie
10/17/2007, 12:09 PM
No fortunately it is "just a coral" but shippers like fedex only seem to understand "live fish" used in place of coral.

Talking about coral reefs tend to confuse people unless they by chance happen to know a bit about the hobby. its just easier to say fish.

jsl6v8
10/17/2007, 12:36 PM
oh well at least its just a coral :-). What type of coral?

chrisstie
10/17/2007, 04:20 PM
Cyphastrea. Hopefully a beautiful live and thriving one. For some reason I've really taken a liking to these.

if anyone happens to have a frag of the one Sea in the City had a while ago that branches like an SPS please let me know as I'd like to try to grow that one as well :)

AndyH5512
10/18/2007, 11:47 AM
Any news on the shipment? I recall trying to explain to FedEx why it was so important to get my delivery ASAP. When I told them it was coral, they assumed it was dead rock and couldnt understand why it was being shipped overnight.

chrisstie
10/18/2007, 11:52 AM
Yes just around 11am everything arrived and I have been working in the tank since lol :)

Not only did I get my cyphastrea- which seems okay, though really I think time will tell if it will stay healthy and enjoy being in my tank but they threw in some green trumpets and a really big frag of these beautiful light blue acan lords too.. Worth the worry I think! Freebies are always fun.

in the meantime a small frag was sent out from another seller via USPS yesterday and got here today about the same time. Sad when snail mail beats out Fed Ex eh;p

I dont know why but i've become obsessed with LPS lately. Those, zoanthids and mushrooms are just so awesome.

So fingers crossed everything looks like it should make it- as long as nothing got too hot and will slowly melt away here in the next 24 hours I think we're good. Now I just need to get my hands on some coral glue so I can bolt everything down. Between my snails hermits jawfish and urchin.. well lets just say if it isn't bolted down it seems to be fair game ><

cowboyswife
10/18/2007, 12:32 PM
If you dont mind me asking, where did you order from?

AndyH5512
10/18/2007, 01:03 PM
Freebies? Sounds like Reefermadness. They usually toss in a few in each order. Very nice no matter where it came from though.

jsl6v8
10/18/2007, 02:20 PM
I use that coral putty stuff that SITC has instead of the coral glue, it works sooooo much better, I mean it actually holds.

Pacific Reefs
10/18/2007, 02:31 PM
pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisstie
10/18/2007, 04:12 PM
I'll get pictures soon. One was from ebay and another from a reefer here on RC. Most of the time I don't order a lot from common online stores because SITC can get many of the same things if I'm patient enough, i think we share some of the same wholesalers. (you'll see the irony of me saying this in another post)

I like using glue with smaller LPS frags, putty is too hard to get the coral to stick to without crushing its skeleton. i use both but this time i need glue haha