http://phoenix.craigslist.org/for/450472014.html

Am I crazy or is this guy selling majanos?? LOL

oct2274
10/16/2007, 01:56 PM
hey, they are only $1 each lol :P

vanmle
10/16/2007, 02:48 PM
There is a sucker born every minute.

I was one of them. When I was a newbie, I bought this really nice rock with "starter corals." They were majanoes for a wonderfully low price of $10 because my wife and I seemed like a nice couple. I was told the were soft corals. Lots of corals and a rock.

My tank is now totally infested with them. Sigggghhhhhhhhh.

sardonicscorpio
10/16/2007, 03:23 PM
Wow - that sucks. I'm glad I found this site or I would probably have the same story!

stephensturman
10/16/2007, 07:36 PM
good i looked i couldnt find anything on tulip anemone lol!

aztbs
10/16/2007, 11:32 PM
These have been sold in PROP auctions for around $14!!
This seller is a relative newbie here on RC.

Just because they can multiply like a plague doesn't mean someone wouldn't want them. People still buy GSP and Xenia!! :lol:

azocean
10/17/2007, 07:38 AM
I just wanted to say that I was the person selling on craigslist and they are not majonos so people dont think I am trying to rip them off when I bought these from a lfs this is what I reserched them as I like them and when people come and see me tank they always want one so I had to many and just got a ton more from a fellow reefer when I bought one of his corals so I have seen what they go for every where so I only sold for $1 which is a good price evryone that came and got some I gave tons of extras to and I told them that they grow like weeds. I in no way lied to anyone so to all that comment before they new who and what was going on I did not like being bad mouthed on RC. thanks to all that said for me once again this is the major reason I never post on Rc. Thanks everyone and who ever needs some or wants some feel free to ask. My tank always is overgrown and I buy a ton or corals every 2 weeks from lfs. I am a addict. Thanks

azocean
10/17/2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks aztbs

soni
10/17/2007, 10:35 AM
if they weren't manjoes why did you delete the CL post?

dvlax40
10/17/2007, 10:50 AM
i dont buy it either, you listed them as pink tip anenomes but they clearly bare no resembelance to the pink tip or haitian aneneome.

azocean
10/17/2007, 01:44 PM
I sold out that is why I cancelled the post . California frag auctions sell Pink tulip anenomes all the time they are not mojanes they are similar. When I bought they were called Pink tulip anenomes. Look it up on google. Educate before the 2 cents is put in. Thanks guys.

dvlax40
10/17/2007, 02:29 PM
yeah i did look it up, and im staring at it right now, what you are selling is called a tulip or majano aneome. HOWEVER you listed it as a PINK TIP or haitian anenome as they are more commonly known. please dont try to tell me to research when you are mis labeling specimens. with that being said, certin types of tulip anenomes can be very pretty and easily controlled in larger tanks

azocean
10/17/2007, 06:32 PM
Well Mr. Marine Biology when I was sold the Pink tip anenome I pretty sure there are other specimens that could share the title "Pink Tip" dont you think. No matter the case people enjoy having these types of coral or pest as you say. I also enjoyed having them in my tank the Pink really looks good under diffrent type of lighting. There are plenty of coral I am pretty sure you would argue are pest and not to by because there growth pattern, but unless your the person they belong to or is interested in buying that coral then its really not for you to say. Thsi type of coral can be like a zenia very nice but grow like weeds same with GSP I am pretty sure at some point we may need to trim the garden in are tanks same with majanos or " PINK TIP ANENOMES" not pink hatian.:D Sorry to all for the time wasted on these comments but not a fan of people who think they could bad mouth member over a forum because they will most likely never meet. I never bad mouth a member without the research or talking to that member first some of you have met me and to most of you on RC are pretty nice people but there is always those bad eggs. Thanks Guys

30reef
10/17/2007, 07:01 PM
Azocean clearly posted a picture of what he had for sale, and he even stated that they would rapidly reproduce. Regardless of what he called them, I see no wrongdoing here. I'd love to have some of those in a pico on my kitchen counter.

azrednex
10/17/2007, 07:36 PM
I'd like a pic as I did not get to see the CL ad. Why doesn't some one post one?

dvlax40
10/17/2007, 07:45 PM
THEY ARE NOT PINK TIPS!!!!! they are pink tulips which is a big difference.while they as other aeneonmes have pink tips, that specific name is reserved for an aneome that comes from the carribean. that was my only problem. that someone would buy it thinkin its a pink tip when if fact its a pink tulip. and fyi i think both are pretty aneomes. i

jenn_jeffery
10/17/2007, 08:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10994406#post10994406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 30reef
Azocean clearly posted a picture of what he had for sale, and he even stated that they would rapidly reproduce. Regardless of what he called them, I see no wrongdoing here. I'd love to have some of those in a pico on my kitchen counter.

Pretty sure I have the same thing--didn't see his pic--you can HAVE all you can get off the rock/tank sides if you want it...thought I had killed them all off, but a few came back...

sardonicscorpio
10/17/2007, 08:29 PM
Google has NO responses for Pink Tulip Coral. Neither does ask.com or yahoo.
Couldn't find any reference on any marine sales sites, but DID see it referenced on ebay as another name for a mojano.

I can't find a single thing online about tulip coral - if anyone can find a link verifying that these exist, that would be great - post it on here so we can end the debate.

dc
10/17/2007, 09:06 PM
[flamealert]

kirstenk
10/18/2007, 11:25 PM
Coming to the defense of the pink tip tulip anemone majano. They are very pretty!!! They can grow very fast but are very easy to control by propagation or kalk paste. I love them in my 150g SPS Reef. :D And....I did put some up for auction and they went for a crazy price. These are so much prettier and nicer than many of they paly's you see going around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/kkmircat/DSC01849.jpg

EvilE
10/18/2007, 11:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004378#post11004378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk
Coming to the defense of the pink tip tulip anemone majano. They are very pretty!!! They can grow very fast but are very easy to control by propagation or kalk paste. I love them in my 150g SPS Reef. :D And....I did put some up for auction and they went for a crazy price. These are so much prettier and nicer than many of they paly's you see going around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/kkmircat/DSC01849.jpg those are very nice!

jenn_jeffery
10/18/2007, 11:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004469#post11004469 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EvilE
those are very nice!

Want mine? :D Seriously, if you want a couple, I can probably pop some off of a rock/the glass for you....

random_ryan
10/18/2007, 11:51 PM
I gave some to frag for frag o ween. I am not sure who the lucky person was. They are pretty I just don't like killing things. except apashia of corse.

EvilE
10/19/2007, 12:08 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004510#post11004510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenn_jeffery
Want mine? :D Seriously, if you want a couple, I can probably pop some off of a rock/the glass for you.... for my nano, sure!! I will gladly take them!:cool:

jenn_jeffery
10/19/2007, 12:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004600#post11004600 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EvilE
for my nano, sure!! I will gladly take them!:cool:

I'll try and get some out tomorrow, will let you know if I suceed, and you can run over and get them--or I can swing them by your place to see your tanks, either way :-) I'll let you know tomorrow.

EvilE
10/19/2007, 12:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004788#post11004788 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenn_jeffery
I'll try and get some out tomorrow, will let you know if I suceed, and you can run over and get them--or I can swing them by your place to see your tanks, either way :-) I'll let you know tomorrow. ok, thanks!!;) :cool:

vanmle
10/19/2007, 01:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11004378#post11004378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/kkmircat/DSC01849.jpg

At least those are pretty. Mine isn't pretty.

I like green star polyps and Xenia. If I did not have any, I would pay for some if people don't give them away for free. The reason my wife allowed me to have a reef tank is that she loves Xenia. Majanoes are another story.

Xenia ROCK!

Cicio
10/19/2007, 01:14 PM
Thoes look really nice! Were can you find them?

widefx
10/19/2007, 01:16 PM
Well my tank has about 20 of them. If I can get them out you can have them

kirstenk
10/19/2007, 03:27 PM
I will give away some to anyone who wants them. They would have to come to a meeting to get them.

Van.....have ya tried kalk? The ones that I have do not recover from kalk like some aptasia do.

jpeggerling
10/20/2007, 01:01 AM
kirstenk= I will take some next meeting. I think they are pretty cool. :-)

EvilE
10/20/2007, 10:39 AM
I want a few!

jenn_jeffery
10/20/2007, 11:07 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11013243#post11013243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EvilE
I want a few!

I have yours for you!! I hav same ones! Not home today, but Dave will be some....will be home around 6:30 hopefully, call me then, PM'd you my number...

kirstenk
10/20/2007, 11:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11011838#post11011838 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpeggerling
kirstenk= I will take some next meeting. I think they are pretty cool. :-)

Sounds good. I already have a couple on a small rock ready to go. Just REMIND me via PM befor the meeting. :D

PS........the only thing I have seen them hurt in my tank have been candycanes.

KRASHPD
10/20/2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Kristen, I won the last corals in the "bobbing for Frags" last weekend and I swear when i opened it up it looked like baby majano's. There was about 4-5 of them in the cup. Is that what they were from your tank?

kirstenk
10/20/2007, 02:14 PM
Those came from Random Ryan and when I looked at them I thought they looked like the pink tulips but can't say for sure.

Doglover_50
10/20/2007, 04:44 PM
Mine are nowhere near as nice looking as Kirsten's. I had the yukky experience of a full scale bloom of these things, so I'm not a great fan. Just a few now in the new tank, so I'm not too concerned as long as I stay on top of them.

Anyway, in terms of controlling them I've tried a few things, and Joe's Juice has been the winner in my tank.