PDA

View Full Version : New Octopus "Extreem" Line of skimmers

luke33
10/16/2007, 08:56 AM
I talked to Rob at marine solutions today and he was telling me about the new octo's coming this way soon. The newest they will be getting is a hot skimmer much like the one out right now with the internal pump but it has another pump for a recirc and bubble plate at the bottom.

For the real skimmers, they are launching a new line of extreem octopus skimmers. They will be using the sicce pump's that do 24lpm. I guess the hot will be out in a few weeks and the others will be around in two months. I'm guessing a xmas launch. No prices or pics have been dropped yet, just thought i'd pass this along. Marinesolutions will be the first to supply and sell them.

Luke

JRaquatics
10/16/2007, 11:27 AM
Luke I am sure you are aware of the problems this distributer is having with their skimmers and their customer service.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228569

Just informing fellow reefers.

luke33
10/16/2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, they have had one complaint........its unfortunate but everyone has a lemon or two. You have to look at the hundreds around here with good stories as well.

JRaquatics
10/16/2007, 12:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10983095#post10983095 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by luke33
Yes, they have had one complaint........its unfortunate but everyone has a lemon or two. You have to look at the hundreds around here with good stories as well.

One complaint? Have you read the whole thread? There is more than one. And I am sure the longer it stays open the more people are going to respond about their product and customer service experiences with MS.

Just to get back to the topic. The new skimmers MS is coming out is not a true Octo skimmer and will not carry the warranty CoralVue gives for their Octopus Skimmer line in any shape or form. IMO it is like rolling the dice with this company. Id rather deal with a reputable distributer of Octopus skimmers.

luke33
10/16/2007, 01:46 PM
This thread is pretty much dead at this point. Everything has been to blown out of proportion to make any sense to it. FWIW, other vendors ARE going to carry these new octo's coming out, they are just not going to be the first with them. So you can wait til an RC sponsor has one if you would like. I just wanted to share the info........but oh well.

USC-fan
10/16/2007, 02:02 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10983544#post10983544 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JRaquatics
One complaint? Have you read the whole thread? There is more than one. And I am sure the longer it stays open the more people are going to respond about their product and customer service experiences with MS.

Just to get back to the topic. The new skimmers MS is coming out is not a true Octo skimmer and will not carry the warranty CoralVue gives for their Octopus Skimmer line in any shape or form. IMO it is like rolling the dice with this company. Id rather deal with a reputable distributer of Octopus skimmers. CoralVue is just an importer, they are all selling the same skimmers....

HBtank
10/16/2007, 02:13 PM
I think the problem in is in the label..

When Coral Vue had the name Reef Octopus attached to their skimmers they also attached another level of support and service to them.

They are all the same "manufactured skimmers", But MS makes it confusing with the Octopus domain and selling them as "Octopus" skimmers just like Coral Vue, but without the same support as Coral Vue's itself and its chosen retailers...

They should be more straight forward like Pacific Coast Imports and seperate themselves from Coral Vue and it's retailers, so then they can wholly own their own support and not have to defend themselves as "frauds" when this issue arises and people find out that the dirstribution is very different for the two sets of "octopus" named skimmers.

You don't see Pacific Coast getting mixed up in this do you? From my understanding their skimmers are also from the same manufacturer? JMO

luke33
10/16/2007, 02:46 PM
You also don't see pacific coast selling as many either imo. lol The facts are there the same skimmer. Marine solutions has them for 30bux cheaper. There have been a couple people complain that they got a lemon of a skimmer from marine solutions but marine solutions is fixing the problem. I know everyone has a lemon or two. So its up to the user to make a good decision on purchasing from where they want.

Now that thats over, anyone hear about these new skimmers coming out....sizes or prices....etc?

luke33
10/16/2007, 02:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10983544#post10983544 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JRaquatics

Just to get back to the topic. The new skimmers MS is coming out is not a true Octo skimmer and will not carry the warranty CoralVue gives for their Octopus Skimmer line in any shape or form. IMO it is like rolling the dice with this company. Id rather deal with a reputable distributer of Octopus skimmers.

JR, just to clear this up as well, the Octo Extreeme line of skimmers are the new octo's coming out soon. MS is the first company that will carry them and PA is going to carry there skimmers as well as there new octo extreeme reactors. Hope that helps, so they are very much so new line of octo's. Matter of fact PA may get there first! There suppose to post pics soon, and they said they are very impressive looking!

kdblove_99
10/16/2007, 03:07 PM
AGree we might have jumped the gun a little.

But for my money you will not get the same customer service PA will give you. So the extra $30 is very well spent!

SO what exactlt make s the new ones extreme, lol?

Is it just the change of the pump to the Sicci? so i take it they will all be in sump?

luke33
10/16/2007, 03:15 PM
Yea, no kidding! lol, the sicce's do run hot external don't they. I guess they just figure exreme is a cool name. I wonder if they will be the octo with a sicce hooked to it......that would be funny. Hopfully PA posts some pics soon and prices

lpsluver
10/16/2007, 03:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10982956#post10982956 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JRaquatics
Luke I am sure you are aware of the problems this distributer is having with their skimmers and their customer service.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1228569

Just informing fellow reefers. I did read the whole thread and it did get blown out of proportion, by many that participated. It became a "piling on exercise".

Shame on you for dragging the vendor through the mud again for a problem that he and the customer resolved!

Jayson
10/17/2007, 06:00 PM
The new Xtreme skimmers will be imported only by SWC and not Coral Vue. They are a SWC design. They have been in the works for almost 1 year. I have the only 2 around. Thanks

USC-fan
10/17/2007, 06:07 PM
Post some PICs!!!!!

boxfishpooalot
10/17/2007, 06:54 PM
I have seen it, very impressed. At Jayson's store. At first impression I thought it was a bubble king :lol:

Creetin
10/19/2007, 04:10 PM
LOL Bubble king!
I would like to see a pic of one running with an airmeter.
From what i seen of the pics ON the PA forum it has the same pump.

GSMguy
10/19/2007, 04:56 PM
yea but a big one with an upgrade mesh mod sicce pump and they would rock.

the pics in the premium aquatics thread look good exept the pump

Jayson
10/19/2007, 05:09 PM
Those are not the SWC Xtreme skimmers! Those are the Coral Vue skimmers. The SWC skimmers have Sicce pumps, proper bubble plates that are removable better airflow and water distribution.

dwl
10/19/2007, 05:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10984497#post10984497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lpsluver
I did read the whole thread and it did get blown out of proportion, by many that participated. It became a "piling on exercise".

Shame on you for dragging the vendor through the mud again for a problem that he and the customer resolved!

I am sorry if this comes across as confrontational, I do not want to start anything, but, how is it blowing things out of proportion when people join a thread and add "me too's"? Admitedly, it has been a few days since I read that thread, but when I did, I read the whole thread. I did not notice "too much" piling on, some yes, but not too much.
I do not know the parties or products involved personally, but, if some of what was said in that thread was accurate, then people should give it a read and decide for themselves which vendor they choose to do business with.
One further comment, and that is that MS's representative could have done a MUCH better job of customer service and damage control that he did in his first 2 or 3 replies. That was enough for me to be cautious.

Again, not intending to step on toes here, just my $.02.