PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 JBJ Arctica Chiller?

rob020880
10/15/2007, 10:52 PM
Hello, I just bought the JBJ Chiller and was wondering if anyone has had the same problem I am having.

I also have an aquacontroller Jr. which also monitors my temp. But when I calibrate the chiller to read the same temp as the AC Jr. it stays calibrated for about an hour and then the temps begin to deviate again. Does anyone know what can be done to solve this? Its not a huge problem as the difference is usually less the half a degree, but I want it to be more precise for the heater setup.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

ycnibrc
10/15/2007, 11:24 PM
the jbj have his own temp control build in and it vary + or - 3 degree. When you plug in your aqua and set it at certain temp your jbj will not stop at that temp since it's own internal control is + or - 3 degree. THe only way you can control the jbj through the aqua is to make it as a back up if temp=73 then off. That way you can set the temp of the chiller at 77. It should shut off at 74 but if it pass 73 then your aqua control will shut it off. JBJ chiller doesn't build to shut off and on all the time it will break if you turn it on and off too many time. If you want to controll through your aqua then you need to buy a chiller without a temp controll build in.