PDA

View Full Version : Deltec Turbo Skimmers

Charlie's Angel
10/15/2007, 10:40 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the turbo skimmers? I need an in sump skimmer for a 375 display and don't have a lot of sump room. Right now I have an ASM G4 in sump, so a turbo 1060S would work from a size standpoint. I was looking to go with an H&S or reeflo, but they fit in sump.

Thanks

Reef Sponger
10/16/2007, 01:34 AM
I would recommend that you stay away from the Deltec Aquabee pumps as there's been numerous threads that they tend to lockup. Stay with the Eheim pumps instead. The model you need to consider is the Deltec AP902, but why not go with the H&S A250 instead as it's an equivalent model. Both Deltecs and H&S can be install in sump, I don't think the Reeflo can, must go outside.

Charlie's Angel
10/16/2007, 09:40 AM
I really want to go with the H&S A250, but it doesn't fit in my sump. I actually spoke with Ed, per your recommendation yesterday and will be talking with him again today. My main issue is, I can't afford a new sump and do not know how to install the skimmer externally.

He is going to send directions on how to install externally. I will see whaty those bring. Thanks for the heads up on the Aquabee pumps.

Man this is tough.

GSMguy
10/16/2007, 11:10 AM
reeflo if your going external

Meitzler
10/19/2007, 12:44 AM
Did you ever go with the Deltec TS 1060S. I am looking for folks with direct experience with them.

Flint&Eric
10/19/2007, 07:04 AM
everyone claims aquabee's lock up but i have yet to hear of one actually locking up here in the states that wasnt used with a deltec clacium reactor or other situation where debris and calcium build up would happen with any pump. i've ran 4 aquabees now and neither one ever had a problem.

if you're paranoid that they will clean them more frequently...it cracks me up how the hobby is in search of the best skimmer out there but if they just cleaned their skimmer out once a month they'd increase it's performance tremendously. imo, aqua bees are great little pumps, particularly for NW's.