PDA

View Full Version : aqua controller jr.

crazywesc
10/15/2007, 07:56 PM
I see that alot of people uses the american dj power strip with the AC jr. What is the upside to using this rather than the direct connect 8 thats made for it? And i cant figure out how the AC jr. communicates with the american dj. Can someone enlighten me on how they work together?

ordy1
10/15/2007, 08:50 PM
AquaController Jr does not communicate with the American DJ power strip. It is not a replacement for the DC4 or the DC8 (Which are capable of communicating with the AC Jr. via a RJ 11 phone cable).

What I've done is utilize the American DJ power center to control individual outlets in my homemade electrical outlet center. I plug my AM446 power modules to the outlets and I can manually control my devices through the American Dj switches. This comes in handy for maintenance and for emergency's. The Am446's allow the AC Jr. to control what ever devices are plugged into them via the Power Interface module. This module plugs into an outlet and has a phone chord that plugs into the AC Jr.

I got the idea for the Outlet Center from Melevsreef.com

Ordy

ordy1
10/15/2007, 09:09 PM
Forgot to include the picture:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/ordy_03/DSC01870.jpg

crazywesc
10/16/2007, 05:16 PM
Nice setup! Ok so it dont look like you have a dc4 or 8. So the
AM446 power modules comunicate to the ACjr. right? I Googled AM446 and didnt get the information I was looking for. I'm just still confused (or maybe just stupid) on how the whole setup works without the DC4 or 8.

ordy1
10/16/2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe if I gave you the correct model number you'd have more luck googling it: Terminal Control Module - AM466 (3-PIN)

The AC Jr. utilizes X-10 technology to communicate with the AM466 controllers. These controllers communicate with a X-10 interface module that is connected via phone cable to the AC Jr.

When the AC Jr sends an On/Off command it goes to the interface module and the module sends a small electrical signal through your house wireing. The signal is sent to the Am466 and it shuts off power or turns power on to the module. What ever is plugged into the module ie. lights, pumps, reactors, ect. shuts off or turns on.

You can use DC4 or DC8 or X-10 technology via the signal interface module and Am466 modules. (Refer to this website for more info on the modules and accessories: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~XT1131.html)

Hope this helped.

Ordy

crazywesc
10/16/2007, 07:48 PM
Ok, thanks for the info and link, I finally understand it now.