PDA

View Full Version : Beckett vs. Recirculating

morishidle
10/15/2007, 11:30 AM
which one is better preformance wise if money,space and power consuption is not an issue the tank its going on is a 300 gallon display tank only answer if you have owned both and have a real answer

Shaun120
10/15/2007, 01:04 PM
I have a MRC-3R...a recirculating Beckett skimmer. Why decide between the two when you can have both ;)

gcarroll
10/15/2007, 01:08 PM
Unless Andy of My Reef Creations is aquitted of his legal issues, I would not recomend any reefers investing in any of his products. Enough said! :mad2:

morishidle
10/15/2007, 01:12 PM
what do you mean with andy

Shaun120
10/17/2007, 11:07 AM
I dunno about his "legal" issues but the skimmer is really nice.

Unless he is stealing the skimmers and selling the stolen property I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

I didn't do a background check on him before purchasing the skimmer, maybe that is where I went wrong. :)

Shaun120
10/17/2007, 11:17 AM
Oh...I just happened across this thread

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1227251

Sounds bad...and the thread was closed by RC Staff. Wow not good at all!

Marc
10/17/2007, 12:52 PM
Wow, that is really sad!!! I saw the video and I can't hardly believe it. I used to order from Andy all the time and he sells some great products. How stupid do you really have to be to do something like that. He had a successful business and he turned around and pretty much just hung himself!!! That is about the worst mistake anybody could ever make! Now he is going to probably lose his business. Good luck Andy, your going to need it!

Marc

SDguy
10/17/2007, 12:56 PM
There are other beckett skimmers out there. Let's just focus on those for the sake of this thread and the OP questions...

I read recently in a thread that the recirculating becketts are no better than your standard beckett. Any truth to this?

gcarroll
10/17/2007, 01:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10991679#post10991679 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SDguy
I read recently in a thread that the recirculating becketts are no better than your standard beckett. Any truth to this? Not sure how true it is but I do belive if it were true, there would be more of them on the market. However the issue may be that the current trend is recirculating NW skimmers and there just isn't much demand for recirculating becketts.

Marc
10/17/2007, 01:07 PM
I personally don't believe in recirculating skimmers. I have a Lifereef VS3-72" skimmer and I tried the recirculation mod on it with no difference at all. I personally don't think that they are more effective at removing organics at all.

Marc