PDA

View Full Version : how would you improve my system?

deepbeneath
10/15/2007, 06:31 AM
My system is a bit unconventional.

I have a 40 gallon reef display (LPS/SPS, macro, anenome, a rock blenny, pods) that is connected to a 55 gallon refugium below through an overflow.

This refugium is filled with live rock and macroalgae. Within it is also a 20 gallon - not sure why, I guess it does something because when I look at pics of purpose built refugiums they have walls to eliminate bubbles or something.

The water is pumped back up to the display with an Eheim and then into a squid that sends it randomly from the left side to the right side and in the display are a bunch of water pumps on timers to make it all more random and wavy.

It's been like this for a year now. It seems to work very well. However, my phosphates have slowly risen and my beautiful coralline is dying of. I must add a skimmer to the refugium. I got a CPR BAK PAK2 DUAL PAK for free. So how should I arrange the refugium?

Right now it goes:

overflow -> 20 gallon (inside 55gallon w/heater) -> then out past live rock to the othe side of tank where it is pumped back to display.

How can I make this system more efficient (with a DUAL PAK?)

bertoni
10/16/2007, 02:10 AM
I'd just hang the BakPak on the display tank. It can hang on the refugium, too. I'm not sure I understand the question.

95accord
10/16/2007, 09:10 AM
add the bak pak to the fuge....i guess....