PDA

View Full Version : show me how you slowed you water down for a basement sump(800gph)

customcolor
10/14/2007, 07:33 PM
i am having problems with micro bubbles in my 125 that is 4 weeks old now and the pipes are slimed up. sump is in the basement 10' from the tank. i have 2 1" bulk heads going to 1 1.25"pipe with 45's then down to a barb fitting to go to a 1.25"i.d. clear hose down to the basement to another barb fitting. after the barb it goes back to 1.25" pvc to the sump. in the sump i made a loop for it to slowdown with 2"pvc and still i get a fast stream of water mixed with tons of bubbles. i have a 100 gal sump and use the bulk head that is in the sump for the return. i have ruffly 800gph going down to the sump.

please show me your basement sumps and how you stoped the micro bubbles or how you slowed the speed of the water. i realy dont want to use a filter sock unless i realy have to.

please show me other options!!!

Percula9
10/14/2007, 08:19 PM
The only way to slow the water is to put a valve on the line feeding the sump. What kind of overflow do you have?

customcolor
10/14/2007, 10:00 PM
i have a calflo overflow i made in the tank 3' long. wouldnt putting a valve on the line feeding the sump overflow my tank?

hahnmeister
10/14/2007, 11:21 PM
Dual standpipe method. The primary drain can have a valve on the end. This way you can adjust the valve to raise the water level in that pipe so that it slows down. This line will handle most-all of your water. Then, a the secondary line, which should be capable of handling all the water flow as backup, only has a little bit of water running through it. If you still wish to slow down the water in the backup, put a couple s-traps on the pipe on the way down so the water flows through a series or weir systems, and therefore is slower.

Percula9
10/15/2007, 09:28 PM
If you slow the input you will have to put a valve on the return to balance the flow.

bertcmg
10/15/2007, 10:10 PM
Shot in the dark but it helped me.

Turn off the return pump and let it sit for 5 minutes.

turn the pump on. If you see micro bubbles before the water has had time to make a full loop, cavitation or a leak in the piping is your culprit.

to correct cavitation you will need to put a valve on the pump outlet

HTH

sick1166
10/15/2007, 10:19 PM
thats the problem most of the time just not enough teflon tape poor glue joints just a bad connection