PDA

View Full Version : clownfish question

macawmagic
10/13/2007, 08:51 PM
so i've got 3 true percs. 1 female and 2 males. they used to be a friends tank. in his tank the female used to breed with one male and then go breed with the other. in my tank she's breeding with the one(i believe because she's got a big belly!) and they won't let the other male anywhere near either of my rbta's for a couple of months. the other male has been chilling around my powerhead and hasn't grown at all in the bast however many months. he's still healthy. eats everyday. fins are perfect. but i feel bad for him
should i trade/sell him, or is there a chance that after the female lays these eggs that they'll allow him back to the anemone?

dugg
10/13/2007, 10:20 PM
He probably will be just fine, but if she doesn't let him back in after laying eggs, then i would trade him in for something else or get him a female and another tank if you are planning to try and raise the fry.

macawmagic
10/13/2007, 10:28 PM
not really trying to raise the fry. I just wanted clownfish that would host my rbta and after 3 pairs I finally spent some money and got a set that was already hosting. in the other guys tank the one male was on one half hosting a fuzzy mushroom and the other male was on the other side hosting a goni. the female would go from one to the other. now in my tank...which now that i think about it they've been in here for about 4 months...the female and male are in the 2 rbta's and the other male was kicked out and just chills up in the corner by my powerhead.