PDA

View Full Version : g2 mirco bubles

lilred1995vette
10/07/2007, 10:06 PM
Is there any easy fix for all the micro bulbles im getting. Im running a g2 and dual overflow on my RR 220. The overflows put tons of mirco bubbles and so does the g2. Is there any way to stop them from getting in the display. I tired sponge and other stuff like that that helped but ended up slowing the sump speed to much and causing the water section to get high in the skimmer section.

MinnFish
10/07/2007, 10:14 PM
Filter sock?

77railer
10/07/2007, 10:15 PM
Move the skimmer away from the return pump as far as possible.

What I did in my sump was put the skimmer far left with a divider...built an eggcrate box for a refuguim filled halfway with live rock and chaeto morphin, with a double layer of eggcrate on the right acting as a further divider and diffuser....no bubbles what so ever in the tank :)

Leroy

poppin_fresh
10/07/2007, 10:23 PM
Need more details. How big is sump? What is the return pump? Any baffles?

lilred1995vette
10/08/2007, 12:33 AM
Its a 55g tank, converted with baffles. first section is g2 then 3 baffles then return to little giant pump, then last section is fuge supplied by a mag 7. I coppied one of Melv's designs a while back. Worked great until increased the flow with a mag 24 that producted to much heat so i went ot a lil giant that decresed heat but still makes the returns so fast the makes tons of bubbles plus the skimmer. Thinking i need to fill the middle section with live rock, im thinking that will work. and get another filter sock setup.

Playa-1
10/08/2007, 12:40 AM
That sounds like a whole lotta flow through the sump.

whosinpower
10/09/2007, 12:15 AM
Can you slow down the return pump a little?
I had the same issue with microbubbles - although my sump set up is very different. I also had issues with the skimmer sending microbubbles and not skimming well.
At first, I turned off the skimmer to see just how much microbubbles were being caused by just flow.....I have several baffles set up to remedy this - however, when the return pump was going full blast - microbubbles did not have time to escape upward - there were just too many.

I slowed down the return pump bit by bit, until there were no more microbubbles escaping into display - and then I turned on the skimmer....and guess what? Skimmer started skimming as it should - and no more microbubbles.....knock on wood!

Just telling you my experience. I am new to all this.

Playa-1
10/09/2007, 01:22 AM
I would also suspect that reducing flow through the fuge would most likely solve the problem. Get the rest of the circulation through a closed loop or power heads.