PDA

View Full Version : My tank @ 2 yrs

blackthunda77
10/04/2007, 03:38 PM
My tank at the 2 year mark. What do you guys think? Any input?

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/663/tankscaledsh8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/663/tankscaledsh8.2c83235fac.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=516&i=tankscaledsh8.jpg)

AquaReeferMan
10/04/2007, 03:43 PM
Looking good. Do your clowns fight at all? How long have you had them?

blackthunda77
10/04/2007, 10:17 PM
No, they have thier territory disputes from time to time but the percula stayson the right of the tank and the tomato in the middle in the patches of zoo's.

Houtz
10/04/2007, 10:23 PM
It looks amazing! I've yet to get a tank to the two year mark, my record so far is one year. I change things to much.
Have you cleaned the coralline algae off the back glass or is that two years' worth of growth?

GobyJohnKenobi
10/04/2007, 10:25 PM
Give yourself a pat on the back.

That's a really nicely developed tank you have!

USC-fan
10/04/2007, 10:50 PM
Nice tank!

Looks like you are running out of room. Time for a bigger tank ;)

yoboyjdizz
10/04/2007, 10:54 PM
Nice tank. I also agree its now time to get bigger and badder! Haha keep up the good work.

blackthunda77
10/05/2007, 02:03 PM
Haha, yea thanks for the compliments. I too agree it is time to have an upgrade. Unfortunatley i live in a condo on the second floor and were not suposed ot have anything larger than a 20........shhhhhhh..................but im going to be moving soon so in hindsight i will definatley be looking for a ground unit now. I used to have a sump and a fuge and all the good stuff but now i limited it to two aqua clear HOB filters to minimize chances of leaks. so yea, this tank has been running now for two yearswith only HOB filter, NO skimmer, just powerheads, MH lighting, and live rock. Thanks again on the compliments.

Houtz: yes that is 2 yrs growth of corraline, and about 6months growth of xenea on the back lol.

Sheol
10/05/2007, 02:36 PM
Looks great! Nice pic..

Matthew

blackthunda77
10/05/2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks again

wickedfood
10/05/2007, 04:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10910553#post10910553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blackthunda77
Haha, yea thanks for the compliments. I too agree it is time to have an upgrade. Unfortunatley i live in a condo on the second floor and were not suposed ot have anything larger than a 20........shhhhhhh..................but im going to be moving soon so in hindsight i will definatley be looking for a ground unit now. I used to have a sump and a fuge and all the good stuff but now i limited it to two aqua clear HOB filters to minimize chances of leaks. so yea, this tank has been running now for two yearswith only HOB filter, NO skimmer, just powerheads, MH lighting, and live rock. Thanks again on the compliments.

Houtz: yes that is 2 yrs growth of corraline, and about 6months growth of xenea on the back lol.

I'm sumpless myself, but am having problems with detris (despite feeding light), GHA and cyano. Your tank looks so clean. Do you vacuum your sand? I'm only running one Aquaclear (I think it's a 70) HOB, but am running a skimmer. I think my flow might be insufficent or I need to add another filter or both. Man, never ending-spending! Kills me...

blackthunda77
10/05/2007, 05:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10911406#post10911406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wickedfood
I'm sumpless myself, but am having problems with detris (despite feeding light), GHA and cyano. Your tank looks so clean. Do you vacuum your sand? I'm only running one Aquaclear (I think it's a 70) HOB, but am running a skimmer. I think my flow might be insufficent or I need to add another filter or both. Man, never ending-spending! Kills me...

Actually the only reason it looks so clean righ tnow is cuz i have been battling GHA myself. NOt a major problem but there are some rocks in there with it attched and they are too big and part of the rock work for me to take out and scrub. But it has gotten 100% cleaner in the last week because i have been doing waterchanges almost every other day so i can vacuum out as much detritus and GHA as possible. I also did a black out period for 3 days like people have been talkign abotu on other threads here and it worked for the cyno and diatoms on the sand so thats why the sand is so clean. I have the biggest Aquaclear with some mechanical medium to Filter out the particles an di have a phosphate pad in it as well and thats all. In the other Aqua clear which the smaller one, i think a 20, i have nothing in it aside from a pouch of activated carbon and a pouch for ammonia and i also have a phosphate pad in this one as will. Mainly used for direct flow over the pads and for more water circulation. And its really been working for the past 2 weeks. I reccomend it for somone who cant have a sump right now. Water is 100% clearer, more circulation, and more room for filter medium. Thanks for the compliment though. We are our own worst critic, because i thought it looked horrible, lol. :D

ClayWagner
10/05/2007, 05:38 PM
Nice tank...but you have too much coral in there! You should frag some off for me...honestly ;)

blackthunda77
10/05/2007, 07:04 PM
Id be happy to, esp the colt or kenya tree that taking over the left part of the tank. Or the xenia on the back glass. seriously. :)