PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to order large tanks

Outerbank
10/03/2007, 10:58 PM
I am thinking about a 72 by 36 by 36 rectangle or a 1/4 cyclinder corner tank somewhere between 48 by 48 by 36 to 60 by 60 by 36. Who are the best tank builders?

I am also concerned the bracing in a 1/4 cyclinder will block too much light and air circulation. If anyone has experience with big corner tanks, please chime in on the good and the bad.

I plan for the tank to be a sps tank.

Thanks, Scott

Krewlor
10/03/2007, 11:29 PM
I cannot help you with the cylinder tank but I can give you some info on tank builders. I know there are numerous tank builders around but after reading numerous post I have come to this conclusion:

Glass Cages-If you want an inexpensive (questionble quality?/poor customer service?) tank. I do not first hand if this label is correct, I am just passing on information from this and my local club. As with any company YMMV.

Miracles Aquariums-High quality/high priced aquariums, built to your exact specifications. Based in Canada so you must figure in shipping.

Good luck in your research. It seems as you and I both are in the planning stages. I am not sure which route I am going to take.:reading:

victor_c3
10/04/2007, 01:43 AM
I too have no experience, but I've seen several threads focusing around people who have bought tanks from aquariumobsessed.com.

Based on what I've read, if/when I get a big tank, I'll buy one from these guys.

Nanook
10/04/2007, 03:00 AM
[moved]

Krewlor
10/04/2007, 03:17 AM
[chimp]

SPStoner
10/04/2007, 06:20 AM
I've never used this company, but know the people there well. It is called Deep Sea Aquatics and is located in Dallas. They are all former Oceanic employees who started their own company after the sale of Oceanic to central garden and pet. Same high quality as the "old" Oceanic.

here's the URL:

http://www.deepseaaquatics.net/

TeamUltraSpeed
10/04/2007, 09:26 PM
i just got a 180 with an external overflow from SP Aquatics, i think its spaquatics.com

its my first tank but man its awesome, cant see the seams hardly at all, and you definitely cant tell where one piece starts or ends.

shyland83
10/09/2007, 09:51 PM
I will confirm from first hand experience that glass cages certainly does have questionable quality and my tank came wrong. And poor customer service is an understatement.

Outerbank
10/09/2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks everyone! My current tank was built by ex oceanic employees in Dallas. The tank is very nice so I may check them out again. I could also pick the tank up from Dallas, therefor no shipping.

I have kept in touch e-mailing these guys and they are very informative www.aquariumsforyou.com Their tanks look very nice.

Please keep the info coming. This is going to be a big decision.

mikekman
10/09/2007, 10:32 PM
elos will custom build a tank for you..............very expensive but amazing looking!

James @ envisionacrylics I've heard makes awesome tanks. I believe he made Steve Weasts tank. I have heard many good comments about envisionacrylics

Go to the big tanks forum and see what everyone there has.