PDA

View Full Version : No magnesium test kit luck...

Caragol
10/02/2007, 03:27 PM
I'm planning on attempting to raise my magnesium levels to kill off a bunch of bryopsis. So, I won an auction on the big auction site for a salifert magnesium test kit. They're still in the process of refunding my money because they were out of stock (paypal says refund is yet uncleared). This was OK because they let me know of the error the same day I won. So I know most online stores are out, I gave it another shot. I won, I emailed them, no response. A week later I get a paypal message saying my money was refunded due to them being out of stock... So I'm sitting here with my Tech M ready to raise my magnesium levels but no test kit.

This is a new tank by the way, there's not much in there except bryopsis.

So...... does anyone know of a place locally that actually has it? I haven't found it. I remember seeing a vendor at Fragapalooza that had it but I didn't think I needed it yet.

Caragol
10/02/2007, 03:28 PM
Also, I was after Salifert, but I guess any good magnesium test kit will do.

little_squid
10/02/2007, 03:47 PM
hummm i have a unused one that you are welcome to use for a few test but will want back if everyone is out of stock lol

gotfish8
10/02/2007, 03:58 PM
Advanced Aquatics has salifert mag kits, they are located in Schaumburg

szgppl
10/02/2007, 09:00 PM
I think I seen one in Reefplus

Caragol
10/02/2007, 09:52 PM
little_squid, you're a great american hero, and I really appreciate it! However, gotfish8 was right and Advanced Aquatics did have them in stock! They're in copper test kit boxes, but theres a stick on them from Salifert explaining that they're really magnesium test kits and that they ran out of boxes. So I was able to pick them up and begin my first dose.

szgppl, I didn't even get that far but thanks for letting me know! You guys are the best!

little_squid
10/03/2007, 07:28 AM
lol not many remember that dumb show lol

dohc97
10/03/2007, 08:19 AM
just an fyi for everyone i have seen the salifert mag tests at gofish in orland park as well.