PDA

View Full Version : ThatPetPlace/ThatFishPlace

darkcirca
09/28/2007, 09:10 AM
I know there are a lot of people that use this website/store. I have many times, with mixed reviews.

I'll start with my in store purchased:
I decided to drive to Lancaster, PA to buy some items from their store. I picked up some hardgoods as well as some fish. Well 3 snails + the sixline wrasse I bought did not make it. I got my credit, but since I paid with cash it had to be a merchandise credit I'd have to use on my next phone order.

So I call up to make that order. No merchandise credit in my name. For 2 days I'm tossed back and forth over $27.00. I was on the phone with managers, different people, told all sorts of different things. Finally I got my credit back. Well at that point I was too ****ed to use it. I wanted a check mailed to me, or it returned to my card. Why? Because it was too much of a hassle for me to deal with the phone service. They drove me crazy. Another month later a check randomly showed up at my door thanks to a persistent manager. That made me happy, but I was still annoyed at all the stuff I dealt with.

Online Orders:
Most companies notify you if an item is backordered or won't be shipped out for a few days. Recently I ordered some items and one wasn't shipped. I finally contact them and find out it is backordered. 1-2 weeks it'll be in stock. 3 weeks later, no item. I contact again, given another run around (website even said in-stock at this point). Whoever had sent me emails wasn't the friendliest. I wasn't impressed. This isn't the first time this has happened. Everytime I've received credit back, or something happens, I always have to ask multiple times.

Personally I'm not too impressed anymore with ThatPetPlace/ThatFishPlace. I started ordering from them in Jan, and I've ordered over $1000 worth of stuff. You'd think I'd have a better experience, as when I order from other companies that I've spent a lot of money with I always get great customer service. Overall, I'm not impressed with them. I think I'll be spending more money elsewhere. I'd rather pay more and deal with friendlier people, better support, and actually receive my items when I'm told.

barngeatbayman
09/29/2007, 09:00 AM
I have had some problems with them as well. Dr Foster's and Smith from now on for me!!!!

darkcirca
09/29/2007, 09:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10867348#post10867348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by barngeatbayman
I have had some problems with them as well. Dr Foster's and Smith from now on for me!!!!

I've had issues with them too though. Actually issues with most companies it seems, but less, and they are friendlier. Depending on what I have to order will depend on where I purchase now. I used TPT because I order for fish and reptiles, but now I'll just buy from multiple places, not worth my hassle anymore.

mikekman
09/29/2007, 11:17 AM
You should post this in their vendor forum, maybe they can apologize and make things right for you guys.

darkcirca
09/29/2007, 02:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10867949#post10867949 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mikekman
You should post this in their vendor forum, maybe they can apologize and make things right for you guys.

It's one of those things that isn't worth my time to deal with them personally anymore. I've had apologies from managers, and some of the friendly people I've dealt with, so at this point if they gave me one I'd still not use them or recommend them anymore.

Just thought I'd put out my experience in this forum as I know others might have had bad (or really good) experiences too and want to post them. Vendor reviews make or break if I order from places too fairly often. Mixed reviews, I might give them a try, but if it is almost all bad I tend to stray.

Maybe someone can write something decent on TPT.