PDA

View Full Version : Petsolutions fish?

coralnut99
09/28/2007, 07:32 AM
Real simple. Has anyone ordered fish from Petsolutions, and how did it go. I'm much less concerned about customer service issues than I am the quality of the livestock.

FunkieReefJunkie
09/28/2007, 07:42 AM
I'm curious as well. Checked their website out a few days ago and saw some fish & corals that caught my attention, but I'd like to hear others experiences before I give 'em a try.

diverdan814
09/28/2007, 09:16 AM
I have always gotten healthy and larger specimens than advertised. Lower shipping costs and easy to speak with someone, unlike saltwaterfish.com's delayed e-mail response methods.

coralnut99
09/28/2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks Diverdan. Appreciate the feedback. fwiw, I've read that SWF.com is under new ownership and trying to "right the ship".

diverdan814
09/28/2007, 10:48 AM
Really? They still abhor contact with customers.

Where is the phone number?

OOPS (don't have one that works)
My considerable expenditures in this hobby find more communicative vendors.

coralnut99
09/28/2007, 10:55 AM
Couldn't agree more. That's why I'm asking here. I've also spent way more than I should have over the years, and I've settled on Reefermadness about 100%. When it comes to fish I've become a lot more finicky and rely on my LFS for the most part.

digitalchivalry
10/01/2007, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm the Live Deliveries manager at Petsolutions, this is my personal account I'm posting from because our tech, Don, uses the official Petsolutions account. He sent me a link to this thread.

I've spent more money on both marine and fresh than I would care to think about over the years, so I know where you're coming from.

If I can answer any questions for you about our live items, please feel free to send me email at my work email address. liveinfo@petsolutions.com or give me a call at 800-737-3868. If I don't have an answer for you on something you would like to know about, I will find an answer for you as quickly as I can. My normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm Eastern time. Please note, I will be on vacation starting Thursday October 4th for a week.

John
Live Deliveries Manager
Petsolutions.com

coralnut99
10/01/2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks John.

FunkieReefJunkie
10/04/2007, 03:03 AM
So I decided to give Petsolutions a try and I'm not disappointed. I bought one acro - by the way if anyone can identify this one let me know. It came in a huge box with styrofoam box within, an ice pack and cushioned with air filled bags. The acro was on it's side, half in water and half not. Despite this the frag is doing well. Here she is about 6 hours into quarantine. By the way iodine dip did not reveal any nasty parasites and she looks clean as a whistle.

I only have one complaint. The acro in pic appeared purple on tips with a blue body instead of white and in fact was described as "Acropora Light Blue & Purple. I half suspected the pic was took under psychedelic lighting since on the next page their was a coral with the same growth pattern but without the "I just dropped some acid" look. :D I'm still happy though... I use to see this kind of coral back in the days of Eddie's Tropical Paradise and it always seemed someone had already bought it before I could snatch one. There's no doubt I'll be a repeat buyer.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/FunkieReefJunkie/IMG_3166_2.jpg