PDA

View Full Version : Dr FosterSmith +At least they have a good refund policy

Reefer Steve
09/26/2007, 01:48 AM
Ordered Chips Acropora and it RTN'd in two days came in with poor color and in very very dirty water. Packaged well though :)
The customer service was very fast in refunding my money which I really appreciated. First and last time I will buy livestock online.

SDguy
09/26/2007, 07:03 AM
Don't let one bad experience dissuade you from buying online.

sirjohn
09/26/2007, 07:59 AM
Actually, and quite sadly really, I've found that the livestock and corals I get online (normally from liveaquaria) are usually much healthier, more colorful, and overall better than their counterparts offered in my LFS...

aquaticvet1
09/26/2007, 08:01 AM
I am sorry for the experience. Please remember that the method of ordering has little to do with problems incurred during shipping.
As a local fish store owner or employee I am sure that you know almost all fish ordered by a hobbyist or fish store are now ordered online and shipped. Yes, there are a few LFS located in places near Wholesalers who may pick up their own livestock but almost all are shipped and most from orders transmitted online or via the telephone.
A little known fact is that LiveAquaria's director, Kevin Kohen is increasingly being asked by LFS around the country to supply them with his rare and unusual livestock-------- he has access to the legitimate supply lines. After years of being shunned by the LFS I never thought that I would see the day when LiveAquaria.com was asked to supply the Bricks and Mortar, but that time has arrived. Although we now supply many LFS with our quality and common livestock will never sacrifice or undersell the hobbyist. Our commitment is in direct sales to the end user and we are not in the Wholesale business. If you have a LFS that does not like on-line sellers, please remind him/her that many LFS actually buy through LiveAquaria.com. Kevin Kohen has the budget and quality supply lines and that is increasingly becoming known.

I am sorry for your negative experience but I think that readers should consider the options and sources.

Thank you, Dr. Race Foster
Co- owner DrsFosterSmith.com
LiveAquaria.com

SPStoner
09/26/2007, 11:24 AM
Reefer Steve,

Sorry to hear about your order from LA.com. As someone who has spent thousands of dollars on livestock from this vendor, I urge you no to hesitate to try them again. Liveaquaria has the best shipping procedure, packing, quality of livestock, and care of animals I have seen in this industry, bar none. I myself am in the aquatics industry and have seen and used many different vendors, both online and LFS, from all over the continent. These guys are the best!

znut Reefer
09/26/2007, 02:04 PM
Agreed. They are the best! I have bought very nice healthy fish from them and have never been disappointed. I just recently bought 3 fish from a local LFS and the fish would not eat. And of course they died. I got no guarantee after the sale. All I got was a sorry. Needless to say, I won't be buying anything from that LFS again.

I plan to order my fish from here on from LiveAquaria. :) You just can't go wrong with their 14 day alive and stay alive guarantee.

Chads29
09/26/2007, 07:24 PM
I couldn't be happier with the corals I have received from the Divers Den section of Live Aquaria. They have always been healthy and happy upon arrival. I personally wouldn't hesitate for a minute to order from them again in the future.

Reefer Steve
09/26/2007, 09:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10845617#post10845617 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquaticvet1
I am sorry for the experience. Please remember that the method of ordering has little to do with problems incurred during shipping.
As a local fish store owner or employee I am sure that you know almost all fish ordered by a hobbyist or fish store are now ordered online and shipped. Yes, there are a few LFS located in places near Wholesalers who may pick up their own livestock but almost all are shipped and most from orders transmitted online or via the telephone.
A little known fact is that LiveAquaria's director, Kevin Kohen is increasingly being asked by LFS around the country to supply them with his rare and unusual livestock-------- he has access to the legitimate supply lines. After years of being shunned by the LFS I never thought that I would see the day when LiveAquaria.com was asked to supply the Bricks and Mortar, but that time has arrived. Although we now supply many LFS with our quality and common livestock will never sacrifice or undersell the hobbyist. Our commitment is in direct sales to the end user and we are not in the Wholesale business. If you have a LFS that does not like on-line sellers, please remind him/her that many LFS actually buy through LiveAquaria.com. Kevin Kohen has the budget and quality supply lines and that is increasingly becoming known.

I am sorry for your negative experience but I think that readers should consider the options and sources.

Thank you, Dr. Race Foster
Co- owner DrsFosterSmith.com
LiveAquaria.com

I'm not trying to bash just because I have worked at a couple Local fish stores(sorry if it came off that way), honestly man ive seen shipments come in from straight off a plane from vietnam in cleaner what than what I saw. Ive heard nothing but good things from Liveaquaria and I guess I just kind of took it a little hard.

NanoGurl
09/26/2007, 09:14 PM
I also like LA a lot.

They have always been very helpful to me. When I bought my zebra eel, he had not ate for me within the guarantee time they offer. I let them know and without even asking they extended my warranty another two weeks hopefully giving him enough time to eat and adjust. He did in fact eat, I emailed them to let them know, and they were happy and thanked me for the business.

I also got my PBT from him. Although he did arrive in not the best shape, they worked with me and offered some suggestions that helped and now he's doing fine and is beautiful. I feel that they would have taken care of the problem if I had requested something.

My bf also ordered one of their pinknest frags. It came in with like 3 branches and has over two dozne now less then six months later.

LA is great! Buy with confidence!

anthworks
09/27/2007, 05:31 PM
LA rocks. Healthy fish and corals everytime.