PDA

View Full Version : FloridaPets.com

flinka
09/24/2007, 01:51 PM
Anyone have any recent experience with FloridaPets.com? I am thinking of purchasing some shrimp (cleaner and peppermint) and copepods from them.

Thanks!

Dischirm
09/24/2007, 05:13 PM
I love their company and think they are wonderful, but about a year and a half ago, I bought the pod package, and ending up having a terrible aptasia outbreak. Whether or not the two were connected, I am not sure, but I didn't put anything else in the tank. Maybe there is some way to seperate the pods from the plants and just put in the pods.

coralnut99
09/25/2007, 03:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10834143#post10834143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dischirm
I love their company and think they are wonderful, but about a year and a half ago, I bought the pod package, and ending up having a terrible aptasia outbreak. Whether or not the two were connected, I am not sure, but I didn't put anything else in the tank. Maybe there is some way to seperate the pods from the plants and just put in the pods.

I don't have any direct experience with Florida pets, but I do with similar vendors. You can expect some pest problems with most of the vendors that are also collectors of carribean stuff. You'll see anything from aptasia, to hydroids unless you quaranteen. If you're looking for pods, you'd be better served buying some chaeto froma a fellow reefer with an established refugium.