PDA

View Full Version : Perfecto 120g Tank - Thumbs Down

jman77
09/15/2007, 06:48 PM
Well I ordered a Perfecto 120 C/Overflow aquarium and the first one came to the LFS with a crack in the corner that had been siliconed over, and the second came with imperfections to the silicon job. I don't know if I should order a AGA or try another Perfecto Aquarium

Marc
09/17/2007, 11:21 PM
If money is not much of an issue, GO Acrylic. Glass tanks are a huge risk anymore. All Glass, Oceanic and Glass Cages have not had much good publicity lately. Especially large ones. Either that or do more research. Acrylic is much more durable and do not leak as easily.

Marc

Mr James
09/18/2007, 12:08 PM
Marc, I agree to some extent about acrylic tanks, but they also have heir down sides. Scratch easily, cost 2 and 3 times as much, craze/crack and other if not manufactured properly.

Jman77, to answer your question, I have always owned AGA tanks in my home. Most were purchased used through RC. I set up three tanks from GlassCages.com and all three are still in good standing. It's funny that Perfecto used to be the industry leader, but as times changed, so did the competition. AGA makes a very good tank. Granted I had a Perfecto 125g for a short period of time and it did very well. The stand made me nervous (vertical 1" x 4" pine), but did it's job.