PDA

View Full Version : bubble algae!!!!!

M2B3J
09/14/2007, 06:54 PM
what is the best way to get rid of bubble algae? any and all info. is appreciated.

Saltwaterstart
09/14/2007, 07:23 PM
Very gently pick out the bubbles and try not to fracture the bubble, or you will have a lot more algae to deal with. Just throw out the bubble later, as it will do absolutely no good to keep them.

Don't get any emerald crabs or any type of crab to eat it, because most of the time, the livestock won't even know what the heck it is.

juan jose
09/14/2007, 07:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10768542#post10768542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Saltwaterstart
Very gently pick out the bubbles and try not to fracture the bubble, or you will have a lot more algae to deal with. Just throw out the bubble later, as it will do absolutely no good to keep them.

Don't get any emerald crabs or any type of crab to eat it, because most of the time, the livestock won't even know what the heck it is.

jajaja should of read your post two days ago, yesterday I got three emerald crabs. I hope they work.

jeffhand
09/14/2007, 07:41 PM
I have one and he's eating it slowly

M2B3J
09/14/2007, 07:52 PM
the bubbles i have are not well defined. they grow in a mist sort of, and it originates from an individual piece of lr. is that possible?

vr697getta
09/15/2007, 12:29 AM
yeah i have to emeralds it took them about 2 or 3 months to eat the bubble alge i had there was a ton though but it was all in one spot

mikeandjenn99
09/15/2007, 07:09 AM
My emeralds don't touch the stuff. If your bubbles are on one rock, consider taking it out (if you can) and in a bucket of old tank water, pull out or pop every one. Swish it around and rinse in a bucket of new saltwater and replace in the tank. That will keep spores from getting in the display tank, or at least minimize them. Don't rely on livestock to take care of it because they most likely won't