29g tank
4g

Which UV filter to get???

From Marine Depot - I'm looking at the 40watt Classic Aqua

With or without the wiper?

SaltTinker

Lumamae
09/13/2007, 04:21 PM
25W would be a minimum. Anything 25W+ would work fine. AquaUV and Emperor Aquatics make good units. The wiper is designed mainly from freshwater where the algae builds up on the quartz sleeve. Not really needed on saltwater application, just my opinion.

czerbe
09/13/2007, 04:28 PM
i just bought the coral life 12x uv ster. and i love it the only problem i have is that i was told to have it put right into my return which is not bad cause all the water will pass through it but then again that question is how will all my pods make it in to the tank?? so now instead of a tank full of pods i have a graveyard full of pods. fish don't eat many dead pods just something to think about maybe you should have a second return or a closed loop wish i did

Lumamae
09/13/2007, 09:20 PM
The other reason why it's not good to put onto the return is that usually means you have to buy a much stronger UV in order to fully effective. For example, probably a 9W would have been fine for a 75g tank. You can always control how fast water passes through the skimmer with a separate feed.

rcerulli
09/13/2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11472&Ntt=gamma%20uv&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1