PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Aquarium how long?

TitansFan
09/12/2007, 09:38 PM
Hello all

How long does it take togo through the Georgia Aquarium? ...With this I mean to spend good amount of time taking it all in and such.

itsthesong
09/12/2007, 09:51 PM
I haven't been, but I would imagine a day to take everything in. It is the world's largest aquarium. Maybe next summer vacation I will take a trip down.

Chibils
09/12/2007, 09:59 PM
Honestly, as an Atlanta boy, I was disappointed. I was in and out (having seen the whole thing) in about three or four hours.

If you really want to take your time and study it all... Maybe six hours.

marinelife
09/12/2007, 10:04 PM
That is long, Newport aquarium here only takes about 1 hour if that

TitansFan
09/12/2007, 10:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10754970#post10754970 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chibils
Honestly, as an Atlanta boy, I was disappointed. I was in and out (having seen the whole thing) in about three or four hours.

If you really want to take your time and study it all... Maybe six hours.

I have been to Ripley's in Gatlinburg. It as nice but 4 hours and you have seen and done it all. The Tennessee aquarium in Chattanooga was about the same. Which would be better togo a Monday or Sunday?

Chibils
09/12/2007, 10:24 PM
Not sure, I went right after it opened and that's how long it took. So it was crammed. It probably won't take you that long.
Monday is probably better, but I don't really know.

Bring a granola bar or something, there's a food court that's INCREDIBLY overpriced. :)

75Gallons
09/12/2007, 11:02 PM
Funny you mention it I was planning on going this weekend. Possibly Friday. I'm planning on spending about 5 hours. I think thats about right. I went to the one in Tampa once and spent all day there.

mille239
09/13/2007, 08:39 AM
get the behind the scenes tour if possible. definately worth it!

atzak
09/13/2007, 09:14 AM
I've heard the behind the scenes tour is awesome. It's worth your time to get up early and head in right when it opens. It fills up pretty quick

winnermc
09/13/2007, 10:37 AM
I was just there last month. Plan on spending around 3 hours to see everything, that includes the touch tanks and such. Tack on more time for a behind the scenes tour. Bring a good digital camera with you, there's a lot to see.

crabbejoe
09/13/2007, 11:06 AM
By "World's Largest Aquarium", they just mean they have the biggest tank. So that's a little misleading. But they do have a lot a cool stuff.

SShindell
09/17/2007, 05:28 AM
Actually, it is the largest open ocean exhibit, the largest reef, the largest square footage, and the largest total gallons of any indoor aquarium in the world.

Kanicky
09/17/2007, 08:35 AM
We have tickets to go next weekend for my birthday! :celeb2:

We have the Behind the Scenes Tour all booked up and ready to go. We're planning for five hours, but knowing me and the way I love to stare at anything saltwater, it may be a tad longer :)

We have to leave at 5:00 am to get there a little after it opens, and then our tour is at 12:30.

I plan on taking a ton of pictures, and hopefully I can post 'em all here, provided I get some good ones.

I've seen pictures from other people's visits, and it looks amazing!

styndall
09/17/2007, 09:03 AM
I've been a sucker for huge aquariums since I first saw the Baltimore one when I was in grade school.

For my 26th birthday, I went to the Georgia Aquarium soon after it opened. The place is amazing. If you're the kind of person who likes to just watch aquariums, you could probably spend a month and not get bored. I'll bet I spent more than an hour watching the jellyfish alone, and, if the main tank viewing hadn't been so crowded, I could have just sat there the whole day.

The place is amazing.

Johnsteph10
09/17/2007, 10:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10781870#post10781870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SShindell
Actually, it is the largest open ocean exhibit, the largest reef, the largest square footage, and the largest total gallons of any indoor aquarium in the world.

Exactly.

I wish it was open when I still lived there several years ago.

I went on opening day and have been several times since then -- as the tanks mature (especially their reef tank) you'll spend more and more time there.