PDA

View Full Version : Peristaltic Pump

Rainer Feyer
09/12/2007, 06:41 AM
Has anyone tried reproducing a peristaltic pump?

I purchased an Aqua Medic last year which works great. Thought I could DIY another - actually did really well making the parts with a $2.99 motor, but, it does not advance the fluid. That means that the compression of the hose is not enough (fluid leaks back).

Has anyone had any luck?

When I look at them in the hospital (they use them for GT feeding - Gastro tube feeding ), the axis is actually made of a triangular gadget which then then advances a very small diameter hose (looks like an Oxygen tubing which I am sure it really is not).

Hmm,

ChrisBuono
09/13/2007, 12:14 PM
Nope - But I love my LiterMeter III.

Rainer Feyer
09/13/2007, 01:32 PM
I will look that one up - not familiar with it.

I ended up ordering another Aqua Medic since I am leaving for Germany on Tuesday and did not want my friend having to fill up the tanks too! It ties into my Kalk reactor, so, taking care of the tanks in my absence really means having to drop in the pre-packet frozen food which I made yesterday!

I hate leaving the tanks, especially since our area is prone to balck outs! I do have a backup generator which my neighbor is famililar with. Well, we'll see how it goes! I should take before and after pics :)