PDA

View Full Version : baby cardinal

Justin/TiV
09/11/2007, 01:43 AM
I also posted this in the breeding forum...but that forum didn't look like it sees much action...

I have a baby cardinal that a friend and I discoverd while moving his stuff from one house to his new house. He had about 15 at least and I have one. So far I have him in my QT which is a 29 with a little rock, sand, and a sponge filter. I don't have the slightest idea what to do to keep this little guy alive. I'm afraid to put him into my display, but I will have to do something with him...I'll need my QT for when I buy new fish.

Any help would be awesome, thanx

Justin

JetCat USA
09/11/2007, 07:52 AM
feed it and it'll grow :) which cardinal is it exactly?

Justin/TiV
09/11/2007, 11:23 PM
bongai...and I can't find it today...bummer

JetCat USA
09/11/2007, 11:43 PM
Bangaii maybe?? they are masters of hiding when very small, look in any grass/macro or an urchins spines, they also seam to love overflows......they are also mostly a nocturnal fish, they do allot of food hunting at night, not to say they don't like eating with lights on too :D

Justin/TiV
09/12/2007, 10:59 PM
I found him...I still have no idea how to care of a fish so small...this thing is less the 1/4 of an inch...It's my QT, so there isn't much in there to munch on. What do you feed a fish this small

thanx

JetCat USA
09/12/2007, 11:06 PM
live baby brine, live adult brine, chopped Mysis, etc.... they are meat eaters with a pretty big mouth and apatite.

Justin/TiV
09/12/2007, 11:23 PM
thanx...appreciate all your help

Leeroy
09/12/2007, 11:33 PM
IME feed small amounts 3-5 times daily of newly hatched brine shrimp does well, until it can handle larger food.
Sounds like he is only a week or two old.
Good luck