PDA

View Full Version : MyReefCreations a Big Thumbs DOWN

JetCat USA
09/10/2007, 10:09 PM
I keep hearing all these wonderful things about Andy and MRC, but for about three weeks now I've emailed Andy at MRC many many times asking for pics of his flange sets, i got two replies, one telling me what a flange set was (which i already knew, i needed a pic) and then another asking what size? but still can't seam to get a pic of them for hell or high water.

i guess I'm asking way to much from the guy or his business is so booming that potential customers are unwelcome.

Zoom
09/11/2007, 10:04 AM
I had a problem with a E-Mailling MRC.......But when i call on the phone i got Andy on the phone in my first try.
I don't know if he is working along or not but he is busy man .
I need some new parts O-ring and small fittings....againg I just call i got everything in no time and no charge at all.

SDguy
09/11/2007, 01:35 PM
Customer service from Andy has been ridiculously above and beyond what I would expect, IME.

Although in all fairness, I have never asked any vendor to take a picture of something for me and send it to me. Not sure how that would go with anyone, honestly.

Hope it works out for you :)

JetCat USA
09/11/2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SDguy
Customer service from Andy has been ridiculously above and beyond what I would expect, IME.

so I've read by many people as stated above, with all the great posts I'd of expected more.

Although in all fairness, I have never asked any vendor to take a picture of something for me and send it to me. Not sure how that would go with anyone, honestly.

one of the local guys here asked Drs Foster & Smith to take a pic of something for him and they had it emailed to him within a few hours.

Hope it works out for you :)

it is i hope, i gave a CNC shop a sketch of what i wanted and they'll make one and let me look it over and IF I'm satisfied with it, the price was quoted at about 1/2 the cost of one of Andy's flange sets.

SDguy
09/11/2007, 02:59 PM
Glad you found another option :)

DFS has crazy customer service. Their prices reflect this, but I don't mind.

JetCat USA
09/11/2007, 03:11 PM
the good Dr's appear higher on prices but they don't stick you with shipping surcharges and they have the items in stock most of the time. with the quality of their customer service, I'm glad they don't charge for it, i couldn't afford it :)

xinumaster
09/11/2007, 03:16 PM
I usually just call Andy by phone when I need to replace parts for my skimmer. And for small items I got from him he never charge me.

Zoom
09/11/2007, 05:58 PM
one of the local guys here asked Drs Foster & Smith to take a pic of something for him and they had it emailed to him within a few hours.
I also like DFS but now you are not been fare ..... Andy is one or may be couple working mans shop you don't expect them to just drop everything and take pictures for you . It seems like you never run a small business on your own are you ?

JetCat USA
09/11/2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Zoom
It seems like you never run a small business on your own are you ?

well i did start off as a small business but after promptly dealing with Any customer request it's not not such a small business anymore, i guess Andy wants to stay small.

discocarp
09/12/2007, 07:25 AM
I emailed MRC with some questions and never got a response of any kind.

Zoom
09/12/2007, 07:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10749086#post10749086 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by discocarp
I emailed MRC with some questions and never got a response of any kind.

I will call them i have no luck with E-Mails.
My Reef Creations
135 Stanley Court Suite 105
Lawrenceville, GA 30045
PHONE: (678) 407-3773
FAX: (678) 407-3272

discocarp
09/12/2007, 08:09 AM
If a vendor isn't going to bother returning emails then I'll just go elsewhere. Even an email saying "call me" would have been enough.

Zoom
09/12/2007, 05:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10749323#post10749323 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by discocarp
If a vendor isn't going to bother returning emails then I'll just go elsewhere. Even an email saying "call me" would have been enough.
Ok .......:cool:

Mr James
09/15/2007, 09:44 AM
by JetCat USA
...but for about three weeks now I've emailed Andy at MRC many many times asking for pics of his flange sets....

Solution. Since you are going to copy his design, order one and use it as a reference. Can't imagine why he wants to support you when you have no intention of supporting him. Think about it.

I have always had excellent customer service from Andy and all his staff. If someone was calling me, asking for dimensions and pics of my design, I'd ignore them. But that's just me.

JetCat USA
09/15/2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr James
Solution. Since you are going to copy his design, order one and use it as a reference. Can't imagine why he wants to support you when you have no intention of supporting him. Think about it.

I have always had excellent customer service from Andy and all his staff. If someone was calling me, asking for dimensions and pics of my design, I'd ignore them. But that's just me.

i intended to order from HIM if HE would of sent a pic for me to see IF they would of worked for my application (which isn't a copy of HIS design), not all flange sets are made the same. maybe you need to better read before making such ignorant comments.

Mr James
09/15/2007, 03:48 PM
by JetCat USA
...it is i hope, i gave a CNC shop a sketch of what i wanted and they'll make one and let me look it over and IF I'm satisfied with it, the price was quoted at about 1/2 the cost of one of Andy's flange sets.

Looks like you have no intention of supporting him.

JetCat USA
09/15/2007, 04:02 PM
i asked for information and pics on a product he sells because guess what?? I Was Going To Buy Several Of Them, but i can't get that request fulfilled so why would I or Anyone support a vendor who can't provide a pic of the item they are selling? do you buy items for a particular application without pics? i highly doubt it, so what part of this are you having such a hard time comprehending, maybe i can detail it a bit better so you might understand.

Acrylics
09/16/2007, 09:28 AM
I sell alot of items that I simply will/can not provide pics of to protect the design for various reasons.
Sometimes the design is owned by someone else and you are not free to distribute it but you mfr it under license. I have several items that fall into this category. I can't say if this was the case as I simply do not know, but it is a fairly common practice.
Many times the pic is as good as a shop drawing. Happens all the time - you provide a pic or drawing of an item and the potential customer goes shopping it around. Sux even more when you have many yrs developing and designing the product. Next thing ya know, someone else is selling the product you designed.

I did not write this to defend or argue the point, but to give a couple possible explanations as to why.

James

JetCat USA
09/16/2007, 10:24 AM
if I'd been trying to take his design I'd of just forked out 45 bucks and got him to ship me a set and then had them reproduced, that's not what i intend to do, i simply need a couple of flange sets, he sells flange sets and if he'd of been more helpful in determining if they would work in my application he'd of sold some, he wasn't so he didn't. i didn't want to track down someone to make them for me, he already makes them and if he'd of been more helpful I'd of bought from him.

James I'm sure you tell your customers that when asked and don't beat around the bush about it do you?? if you don't want to provide pics simply say so, don't procrastinate and then not reply, be a professional.

JetCat USA
10/19/2007, 08:33 AM
Well so it seams i wasn't the only one who was dissatisfied with Andy. MRC sold yesterday to Southeast Aquariums , seams Andy had some major issues that had to be dealt with...........

A Brookwood Little League coach and Lawrenceville businessman was arrested at his Snellville home Friday on Internet sex charges.

guess that's why i couldn't get flang pics

discocarp
10/19/2007, 08:52 AM
How sure are you about this jetcat? I can't imagine you'd post something like this unless you were 100% sure its correct, right?

[edit] Found a thread about this over on the reef tank too. Yikes. Just yikes. I'll leave it at that.

JetCat USA
10/19/2007, 09:08 AM
Waiting to see if this is gonna be a Dateline NBS w/ Chris Hansen special.

BrianD
10/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Guys. let's keep the discussion limited to the company and related products. Other discussions will just spiral out of control. People would have to live on a rock to not have heard of this, so I don't think the discussion will be helpful.