PDA

View Full Version : Walt Smith Live Rock....

Mr James
09/09/2007, 10:08 PM
I have a question. I see on his site that "a new customer" can purchase 3000lbs of live rock from him. Does anybody know if I need to be a distributor or can a simple hobbyist but that amount??

daytonreefRob
09/10/2007, 10:26 AM
Last I knew, they only sold to resellers. Who knows, maybe this has changed. With quantities like that, I would suspect it is still that way.

Their rock is great, it is probably my favorite today.

reef2
09/10/2007, 10:29 AM
im sure if ur trying to buy 3000# of lr then they will sell it to u.

KenT
09/10/2007, 05:51 PM
I think the minimum a retailer can buy is 3000 lbs., or wholesaler

daytonreefRob
09/10/2007, 08:06 PM
I buy from them, (for my store) I do not buy anywhere near 3000 pounds, usually a couple of hundred at a time. I can purchase a single box if I want.

If you are going to buy from them, check out their Pukani rock. It is very light and looks great too.

Walt Smith
09/11/2007, 02:35 PM
Dear Mr. James and all,
Hi, and thank you for the interest in my products. To set the record straight, I do not sell direct to hobbyist or retail stores. My customer base is only to large distributors who can handle the amount I ship per week and get it to the stores that want it. Since people like Daytona do get my rock from some of the distributors I sell to it is a natural assumption to believe that they are getting it directly from me. I did, at one time, start a distribution company here in Los Angeles ) Pacific Aqua Farms) but sold the major shares of that company several years ago and most stores are still under the belief that this is my company and they are getting direct from me when they buy them. If they do buy from any of the distributors I sell to it is sort of like ordering direct because as soon as the receive the rock from me the will send it out to the stores still in my box with my name all over it to keep it as fresh as possible and to prove that they are getting my product. I hope this clears out the confusion over this matter.
All the best with your hobby and thanks again for considering my products.
Walt

Mr James
10/01/2007, 12:46 PM
Wow, it's the man himself!! Thanks, I am clear on how it works.