PDA

View Full Version : citron goby

uR_a_frag
09/08/2007, 12:34 AM
I was looking to get a citron goby for my tank. I have a 60g tank and it's bare bottom. Most gobies require sand, is it safe for me to get a citron goby? I just have a pair of osc. clowns and plan on getting a sixline wrasse also. thanks for the input guys.

Moonstream
09/08/2007, 04:15 PM
I think you are confusing the diff types of gobies. they are normally sorted into 3 different groups. their are the sand sifting gobies (those that need very large sand beds and rarely take prepared food), the shrimp gobies (those that have symbolic relationships with several types of pistol shrimps), and the small gobies (those that are still gobies, but dont fit into the other groups).

the citron goby, also called the citron clown goby fits into the lat category, the small gobies. they stay small (1.5-2") and eat prepared foods happily. they are also reef safe (tho may damage SPS corals by laying their eggs on the undersides) and very peaceful.

they dont need any sand, but should be fed small meaty foods and have peaceful and smaller tankmates.

I would skip the six line wrasse, as they can become terrors. are the clowns the only animals in the tank? what are the tank specs?

fish02
09/08/2007, 05:22 PM
I had one and it ate an acropora frag of mine but they are awesome fish with great personalities. I miss mine.